Should I buy a bass guitar or a drum kit. I currently play 6 string guitar so picking up a bass would be as hard as learning the drums but I've always wanted to play the drums. So what should I buy and please give a suggestion of what type of bass or drum kit. (by type I mean like model). I don't really want to spend alot of money on either in case I don't get into them. My max is 500 dollars.
inb4 drugs.

So you want a drum kit but not a bass? Seems easy enough to figure out...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
well considering you can't get a decent drum set with cymbals for $500 I'd say bass.
But what you really need, is a new amp.
The future is no place to place your better days
get a better/another/acoustic/hover guitar, you could play a few instruments well, or play one great

...or play a few great but for you I think one great is a good starting point
Do you have the space for drums? And room to be able to expand your set if you do take a good interest in them? And are you somewhere where people aren't going to mind you playing the drums?
Like mentioned earlier, $500 isn't much to get you much in the way of drums. You'd only get a very simple kit for that.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Well if you want drums you could get a small used set and just add on from there.
buy a morin khuur. learn to play one of those, and you'll have more bitches than Solomon.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Koshman32
Do you have the space for drums? And room to be able to expand your set if you do take a good interest in them? And are you somewhere where people aren't going to mind you playing the drums?
Like mentioned earlier, $500 isn't much to get you much in the way of drums. You'd only get a very simple kit for that.

I have the space to expand and for the initial kit. I don't think people will mind very much. I only want a simple kit that I can expand if I get into it.
Go with the bass. It's similar to guitar and it's loads cheaper. Plus it takes up less space (A little more than a guitar would, given the larger scale length). The only problem is the strings can get expensive (say $30 bucks a pop).

Unless you can find a good electronic kit for cheap, in which case, go with that.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
i wouldn't buy anything if I were you... just save up until you find something that you don't have to ask the internet about.

/wisdom