Basically ive been writing this riff, which changes a lot. I only managed to get a couple of the bars in the right timing. The notes dont have to be triplets, but it was the quickest way i found the tempo i wanted to use.

Each colour represents a different 'section' to the riff, but i cant figure out the blue, green or purple sections.

Any help?
Quote by Deathro
Wtf?

Basically, the parts i cant figure out should be in one or two bars...
Just let guitar pro play it and then set the speed on slow and then learn it. Best way to approach this. These are odd time signatures.
ok, put blue and green together, maybe something like 6/8 would work.. not too sure without knowing the song.
i think purple could be put into 6/8 as well, but your one note short... again not too sure

hopefully somebody more knowledgable than me will come along.

ok my final guess it that it should go 7/4, than 6/8 than 7/4 than 6/8 again... maybe put a rest in or something...
Last edited by Knucklehead Dyl at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
ok, put blue and green together, maybe something like 6/8 would work.. not too sure without knowing the song.
i think purple could be put into 6/8 as well, but your one note short... again not too sure

hopefully somebody more knowledgable than me will come along.

ok my final guess it that it should go 7/4, than 6/8 than 7/4 than 6/8 again... maybe put a rest in or something...

Pretty much worked dead on. Thanks mate!
This could be grouped into four bars of 7/8, one of 2/4, four more of 7/8, and one of 4/4 to round off - your last note would be the start of the new section/theme with this method. So long as the accompaniment and accenting implies it, this could be it.

For clarification, you'd be counting as follows for my interpretation:

7/8 - 1 & 2 & 3 & 4, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4
2/4 - 1 & 2 &
7/8 - 1 & 2 & 3 & 4, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4
4/4 - 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

Hope this helps

EDIT: I guess I probably should have mentioned that these would all be eighth notes, and your tempo would sit at around 190bpm to compensate for the longer note values.
Last edited by juckfush at Jun 25, 2011,