Does frequently changing from D# Standard tune to Dropped C# tune harms or affects the guitar in the long run? Mine is a RG1570 with Edge Pro bridge. I usually always play on D# Standard, but some song requires it to tune down the 6th string to dropped C#.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metalter
Does frequently changing from D# Standard tune to Dropped C# tune harms or affects the guitar in the long run? Mine is a RG1570 with Edge Pro bridge. I usually always play on D# Standard, but some song requires it to tune down the 6th string to dropped C#.

Let's see shot version is not no but hell no without one of these gizmos

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/evh-d-tuna-drop-d-tuning-system/430690

It's just not as easy as tune-o-matic.

Once you unclamp the pair of low strings there's a pretty good chance everything is gonna go outta tune.

Good reason to get a 2nd or even 3rd guitar. It's just way easier to pick up the axe that's tuned to whatever tuning you need for certain song

EDIT:
Quote by Levi79
You can't do that on a floyd unless you block it.

Doesn't that kinda defeat the reason for having a Floyd in the 1st place?
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by Levi79
You can't do that on a floyd unless you block it.

nah you can do it, it's just a pia

but yeah the d-tuna won't work with the ibanez recessed low profile trems.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?