Okay about 6months ago I bought a Fender standard tele and since I've bought it ive slowly had more and more troubles with fret buzz, it's at the point now I cant stand letting it go anymore. Everything is fine, but just a constant buzzing when I play. Ive got it down to either maybe needing to change string gauge or the last fret may be too high.

Also there's a hole in the neck back plate that I had never noticed, there's a truss rod adjustment hole on the headstock, so could anyone shed some light on to what this hole is?
The hole in the neck plate is the micro tilt adjustment and it could be the answer to your problem.

From what you said it sounds like there is too much angle in the neck. To fix this use a hex key to loosen the screw in the hole a little, this will decrease your neck angle, then tighten your neck screws, and reset your action if necessary.
Thought it helped, but still buzzing like crazy. Im starting to think i need to find a real good guitar tech to help me out, im getting all obsessive over it and now getting really frustrated with it too. Gunna end up breaking something.

It was already quite loose, it actually popped out but it was just a matter of re screwing it back in again. It feels like if i adjust anything it makes it worse ib sone other way. Beyond frustrated, i look after this baby so much and its slowly giving me more buzz and grief than my epiphone les paul before it.

Should add its a USA tele, didnt pay two grand (i live in australia) to get this sort of trouble.
I changed the strings on my friends acoustic guitar recently with a similar problem, buzz everywhere. The washers on his tuning pegs were loose, and were vibrating. I tightened up on the tuners top to bottom, and his buzz problem was solved.
Maybe your tuners have loosened up allowing for the dreaded tuner washer rattle? Good luck.
Last edited by Guitbuilder at Jun 28, 2011,
Sorry to hear you're still having problems.
I hope I don't sound insulting but do you know how to setup a guitar (properly adjusting the truss rod, nut, bridge saddles, intonation)?
If the setup is good the only other cause I can think of would be unlevel frets.
Quote by TheKeywork
Sorry to hear you're still having problems.
I hope I don't sound insulting but do you know how to setup a guitar (properly adjusting the truss rod, nut, bridge saddles, intonation)?
If the setup is good the only other cause I can think of would be unlevel frets.

^

Sounds like it just needs a good, full set-up.
modes are a social construct