i currently have a krank rev jnr, problem is its a bit too big and loud, i have to have it on the lowest setting otherwise i get complaints! i love the sound of the amp and the endless amounts of gain it can give. I play hardcore, metal and punk. I am after a smaller amp which can give me similar distortion, any suggestions? cheers
The metal is weak in you. Krank it up, and maybe punch somebody in the mouth.
But if jail just isn't your thing. Then look into some blackstar amps I hear they're really nice, but I don't know if they'll match your krank.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jun 25, 2011,
Get some big fat resistors on a heatsink to soak up the power. (or buy a proper power soak ).
Quote by rawr04
get an attenuator (weber mass, etc)

+1
I like the rev jr, but I had the Rev series 1 and thought it was total garbage because it had the same problem, it wouldn't sound good unless it was almost wide open.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You love how it sounds, even on the lowest setting, so what do you want?

I don't see any problem here, this thread doesn't make any sense.
Quote by JesusCrisp
You love how it sounds, even on the lowest setting, so what do you want?

I don't see any problem here, this thread doesn't make any sense.

When it is on the lowest settings.. the sound isn't what it should be.. with a smaller amp you get a better sound quality.

Some amps sounds best with very much gain and some amps don't need to be at full volume to sound "perfect".
If you're getting complaints even on the lowest setting, you might as well just get something like a Line 6 Pod of some sort and just use it with headphones. If you live in an apartment you can forget about owning a guitar amp of any wattage, especially if it's tube.

I doubt an attenuator would solve your problem. You would still need to have it putting out a decent output to have it sound decent, and that would still make your neighbors flip their shit.
I run a THD Hot Plate attenuator on a Line 6 Spider Valve (40W) and it does quite a decent job. I can crank up Master Volume without losing my hearing but it's a borderline solution. After 9pm in the evening I switch to my Line 6 GX and all kinds of fancy software like POD Farm or Guitar Rig on the PC and headphones of course.
Have you tried using the volume control on your guitar? I can get a great tone out of my amp when i have the channel volume and gain cranked, with the master volume and guitar volume very low
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]