I really enjoyed this cover Good song choice by a great band!! The vocals were spot on, there's a nice tone to your voice and the harmonies worked well.

Overall it was very enjoyable
Quote by danbell
I really enjoyed this cover Good song choice by a great band!! The vocals were spot on, there's a nice tone to your voice and the harmonies worked well.

Overall it was very enjoyable

Cheers dude! Hah glad you liked it!
I really enjoyed recording it I'm not gonna lie, the whole album is just incredible and I really wanted to pay tribute to such great song writers!
Wow man, you nailed it. Not many people have the gruff growly voice of Marcus Mumford, but you definately made it your own, and the harmonies were spot on, well done.

Seriously, I can't think of anything you can improve. Normally, I would suggest singing something like that with a bit more growl, but you made it really work for your voice, which is something I really admire in a singer, and is something I've been working at for a while now, with little progress.

Didn't you post a cover of Beast and The Harlot on here, ages ago? It was pretty sick, from what I can remember.

If you wanted to check out some of my stuff, I just posted a City and Colour cover on my profile, but theres plenty to choose from, right here:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Stud_Muffin/music/play1016220
Incredible cover of a great song. Vocals were absolutely special (you've got talent my man) and full of emotion. You definitely made it your own vocally and didn't just strictly emulate the original which is always great. The Harmonies were mixed perfectly and were damn near perfect.

Honestly I didn't really hear much of the guitar playing until the 2nd listen because of the vocals but thats definitely a Good thing as it was clean and well played enough that it came together perfectly for the casual listen. I'm assuming you did the Bass Parts too (Not much in there that I could hear)? Can't really say anything critical of the cover at all, you definitely have a great deal of talent!. Keep it up.

I'd definitely appreciate it if you would take a look at my cover here -> https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454734
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Wow man, you nailed it. Not many people have the gruff growly voice of Marcus Mumford, but you definately made it your own, and the harmonies were spot on, well done.

Seriously, I can't think of anything you can improve. Normally, I would suggest singing something like that with a bit more growl, but you made it really work for your voice, which is something I really admire in a singer, and is something I've been working at for a while now, with little progress.

Didn't you post a cover of Beast and The Harlot on here, ages ago? It was pretty sick, from what I can remember.

If you wanted to check out some of my stuff, I just posted a City and Colour cover on my profile, but theres plenty to choose from, right here:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Stud_Muffin/music/play1016220

Aww thanks dude!
Seriously love positive comments hah (=
Tbh I envy that gruff kind of voice so much and if I could pull it off I totally would do it more often... Instead I'm cursed with a soft voice hah! Oh well at lest you still liked it!

Wow can't believe you actually remember that Beast and the Harlot cover! Proper cool! Will check out your stuff now!
Quote by HappyGilmore899
Incredible cover of a great song. Vocals were absolutely special (you've got talent my man) and full of emotion. You definitely made it your own vocally and didn't just strictly emulate the original which is always great. The Harmonies were mixed perfectly and were damn near perfect.

Honestly I didn't really hear much of the guitar playing until the 2nd listen because of the vocals but thats definitely a Good thing as it was clean and well played enough that it came together perfectly for the casual listen. I'm assuming you did the Bass Parts too (Not much in there that I could hear)? Can't really say anything critical of the cover at all, you definitely have a great deal of talent!. Keep it up.

I'd definitely appreciate it if you would take a look at my cover here -> https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454734

Thank you so much man, really glad you liked it!

Yeah the guitar playing is quite low in the mix untill the big ass chorus kicks in at the end. I tried to emulate the original in that respect, the main focus of the song for the verses is just the vocals!

Yeah I did the bass too! Originally it was higher in the mix but got lowered at some point, I probably should have left it a bit higher in the end but ah well it's done now!
Also the bass is very simplistic it was mainly just root notes!

Sweet man, definitely checking that out!