Recently, I've gotten a free guitar body. It's a strat body but it's a import body or some sort. It didn't have a stanp from the maker in the neck pocket or anything. It fit an import bridge. When I placed an MIM pickguard on it, only two holes lined up. also, the tremolo cover (off a squier strat) was slightly too short and not quite wide enough. There was a marking inside the pickup routes but i think it could probably mean anything. any idea on the maker?

(sorry about the large image. I'm trying to get screw hole details and everything. my cell camera also sucks.)

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Could be any generic strat-copy body that's been built in the last X-amount of years. If there are no markings on it to indicate who made it then your guess is as good as anybody's, I'm afraid.
I think that really could be anything; there are thousands of strat copies. I'd be pretty amazed if someone could identify that from the picture.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Pop open the neck and see if there's any markings.
If there's nothing it's probably one some dude just made. Even though that dude does some awful nice routing. (Even though that seperate neck pocket is kinda ****ed up)

EDIT: Whoa shit, ignore that first sentence, lol. Some body made it or its like a off tone squire thingy ma jig
Last edited by LZRocker at Jun 25, 2011,
"somebody" didnt make it, its not homemade. It's probably some cheap, basically no-name strat copy somewhere from the orient.
Quote by griffRG7321
Listen to this guy ^

Quote by Mad Marius
Nu-metal:

- tumble dryer
- cat
- pitch shifter
Quote by rutteger1
"somebody" didnt make it, its not homemade. It's probably some cheap, basically no-name strat copy somewhere from the orient.

This.

Looks like the body of most strat copies, to be honest.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by roast
This.

Looks like the body of most strat copies, to be honest.

the thing i find odd is the routing pattern
its routed universal between the bridge and middle pickups
but the neck pup (with is routed to accept a hummbucker) is routed in a separate pocket
surely this doesnt do much does it?
Quote by fenderfreak100
the thing i find odd is the routing pattern
its routed universal between the bridge and middle pickups
but the neck pup (with is routed to accept a hummbucker) is routed in a separate pocket
surely this doesnt do much does it?

my guess is it's a generic rout and the company has HH, and HSH offerings
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
I found the routing to be a bit odd too. there is no marking in the neck pocket. I can say though that the neck pocket was free of finish and was bare wood. it was very smooth. not sure if someone did that or if the company did that, but either way, I liked it. It's a solid wood body though. not sure what though. it does have a grain but I can't really capture it in the picture. I like it, but was just curious about it's origin. the guy I got it from was an older guy. he said he got it off a guy on craigslist because he wanted to build a strat, but he ended up getting a original 60's les paul and fell so deeply in love with the Paul that he never built it. Thank you everyone for the help.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.