WARNING: if you think this is about a '69 twin reverb or something of equal prestige just exit, it's not xD

so if you read my thread yesterday [here] you'd have read that i saw a fender g-dec jnr for £50 at a local radio shop. thinking of offering the guy £40 for it i thought why not and took a walk down there this morning.

being a cheeky **** i thought why not low-ball it and offer him £35 and a free high-five for the amp. he declined the high-five (which i believe was worth more than the £35) but accepted £35 for the amp.

sorted...

fender g-dec jnr amp in pretty much perfect condition for £35.00

pics:

review:
while this is just going to be a practise amp or for someone else to use when they come round to jam, it's still a decent amp.
i particularly like the backing track function, it helps with making s**t up when you don't have anyone else either providing a drum beat, bassline or rhythm guitar bit.
i'll probably use the backing tracks on this amp but play my guitar through my vox t00b driven VT50 (but for clarity, i'm not saying it's a t00b amp) as i just prefer the tone of my VT50. but this is a nice amp to have around for back-up for a friend to use and just for backing tracks. but i guess i might use it if i jam at a friends house as i really can't be arsed carrying my VT50 and pedals around. it's far too heavy!

overall for the price i paid i'd give it a 9 out of 10 just because it's small and it has no 'blues' setting on the models or backing tracks. which is annoying as most people who use fender amps i'm sure play blues and not "metal" which, annoyingly, it does have a setting for.

if i paid full price for it. (about £130) then i'd feel a bit ripped off and would probably give it no more than a 6/10
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Nice. HNFAD
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
nice score.

for that kind of cash, it's worth it for the play along capability alone. screw the tone.

well done. i love me some cheap fun gear.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeh the backing tracks are kinda cool.

as i said, just wish it had a damn blues setting.

played "slow dancing in a burning room" through it earlier and it had a horrible "buzz" on the low E on the 9th fret. kind of like something was loose and buzzing but i opened it up and round nothing... suppose i was maxing the volume... and had it on "acoustic" setting.
ah well... nevermind eh.
inputting midi's? *shrug*
nice score, hard to go wrong for that kind of money

lol at the high-5 thing
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cheers yeh hence why i thought "why the hell not"

and yeh, seriously who rejects high fives. WHO!?!?!?!
hehe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?