Hey

Yesterday I picked up a used Dual Recto (3 channel) and it didn't come with a footswitch, after looking around, I saw how ridiculously expensive the Mesa ones are.

Does anyone know of an alternative that can be used with this amp? I know there are the rear individual inputs or the midi style footswitch input so any suggestions are appreciated.

cheers!

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
You can get generic individual pedals for each of the separate pedal ins on the back. I'm pretty positive the "midi" looking one is Mesa's proprietary design and unless it's designed for the specific amp will not work.
/rig
Quote by TheFly_1990
Hey

Yesterday I picked up a used Dual Recto (3 channel) and it didn't come with a footswitch, after looking around, I saw how ridiculously expensive the Mesa ones are.

Does anyone know of an alternative that can be used with this amp? I know there are the rear individual inputs or the midi style footswitch input so any suggestions are appreciated.

cheers!

Well the mesa switch is about $130, which isn't far off what you'd pay for any other footswitch I can think of that has relay switches that will allow you to use the external switching jacks on the back of the head. You could probably make one if you're handy with a soldering iron. All it does is short the tip to the sleeve on the cable to select a channel, but you could have problems getting it to work right if the switches don't latch, or unlatch when they're supposed to.

Honestly I'd just buy the mesa switch. It'll save you a ton of headache.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes