Hey guys,

I'm looking forward to buy some new pickups. I'm a rhythm guitarist and I play modern rock and metal, mostly power metal. No black/death/brutal/core etc. I need a warm, thick and full distortion. I prefer passive pickups, something like Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Gibson, etc. Any advice?

Thanks.
What guitar/amp do you have? Price Range? Location? (Prices differ)
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Look into Bare Knuckle Pickups.. bit of a hole in the pocket.. but Very versatile and awesome pickups.
Indie Custom Guitar w/BKP Nailbombs
Blackstar Series One 100 Head + Cab
MXR Phase 90
MXR carbon copy
TC Electronics Polytune
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
You could play Metal on any type of pick up...
Although for best results use Humbuckers.
And for a particular sound, do some researching online. Look up your favourite artists gear (Some use different guitars in studio to achieve different tones).

I personally like Seymour Duncans myself. Although I do own EMG and they are great for metal but seymours sound a bit sexier to me.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by GNR4EVER
What guitar/amp do you have? Price Range? Location? (Prices differ)
I currently have an Hagstrom Swede. Extremely good guitar, but the pickups sounds a bit vintage to me, they are not the best for high gain stuffs.

My amp is a Peavey Bandit 112, but I will upgrade it soon to something better.

My budget is 200-300€ and I live in Europe. I will probably order from Thomann.
You say you prefer passive pickups but I will recommend EMG active humbuckers (81)-bridge and (60)-neck.

This combination is very popular for your style of music. The emg 81 humbucker gives you very nice lead tones and the emg 60 humbucker is usually considered as a "rhythm" pickup. It also has very nice clean tones!
EMG 81/60 is quite a common pair in Metal (Metallica).
On the passive side I like the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom or JB.
Alnico II is also nice if you lean more towards rock than metal
Quote by hedron75
EMG 81/60 is quite a common pair in Metal (Metallica).
On the passive side I like the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom or JB.
Alnico II is also nice if you lean more towards rock than metal

I agree
Quote by Poglia
I currently have an Hagstrom Swede. Extremely good guitar, but the pickups sounds a bit vintage to me, they are not the best for high gain stuffs.

My amp is a Peavey Bandit 112, but I will upgrade it soon to something better.

My budget is 200-300€ and I live in Europe. I will probably order from Thomann.

With a budget that high I'd definitely look into Bareknuckles. The Nailbomb is a great Rock/Metal all-rounder. They have a great range of high-output pickups and depending on Your style you might find something like a Painkiller or Miracle Man better suited to your style.

Check them out here http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/ I got a Miracle Man a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
BKP Painkiller is a great rhythm guitar pickup, extremely tight and responsive bass end, lots of mids and highs to it and cuts like no other pickup I've ever heard, and has a totally unique voicing, it's incredibly responsive depending on the amp, it doesn't sound the same through all amps, which is quite amazing, and it's extremely versatile even though it's a high output pickup.

BKP Aftermath is just like the Painkiller, except with less mids, and a slightly looser bass response.

I'd go for one of those two sets, since they are within your range, and they are made in the UK.
I don't know about modern, but I play 80s metal/rock, neoclassical and a little power metal(no Rhapsody Of Fire-ish stuff though), and I've got a DiMarzio Super Distortion(bridge)/PAF Pro(neck) pup combo in my ML(basswood body, maple neck), and they absolutely kill for what I play. I've never tried Bare Knuckle but they're supposed to be good if you're willing to dish out a little extra, like they're saying.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.