Page 1 of 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13912836

I looked at this and thought this was pretty cool.
There is WAY MORE info in the article, including an interview.

Quote by BBC
The Lulz Security hacking group that has claimed attacks on high-profile targets including the CIA and Sony in recent weeks has exclusively told the BBC's Newsnight programme that it wants to target the "higher ups" who write the rules and "bring them down a few notches".
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
It's like they're trying to be the Boondock Saints of the internet.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
In an online Q&A, Whirlpool, the spokesman for Lulzsec, who describes himself as "captain of the Lulz Boat", agreed that their goals now go beyond that: "Politically motivated ethical hacking is more fulfilling".

This is why I don't tell people I browse the internet or chat with anyone from it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Why do these internet groups and movements always use anonymity as an excuse to talk like pompous fuckhats from cheesy sci fi thrillers
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Why do these internet groups and movements always use anonymity as an excuse to talk like pompous fuckhats from cheesy sci fi thrillers

with a headbanging dual horn throwing avatar?

COME ON
Quote by whalepudding

That's how they want to look. It was kinda funny at first, but it is border lining serious now. They're not doing anyone good by hacking these sites, and "testing security" is bullshit.
Quote by funeralllllllll

COME ON

/\ Exactly the kind of person we're talking about.
Quote by funeralllllllll

COME ON

I forgot about that sci fi thriller where the villain was a headbanging cartoon man.
Quote by xSacrilegex
That's how they want to look. It was kinda funny at first, but it is border lining serious now. They're not doing anyone good by hacking these sites, and "testing security" is bullshit.

+10000

They're so self-righteous about this, I fail to see how it is beneficial to anyone other than themselves nor do I fully understand or agree with their motives.
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Quote by whalepudding
I forgot about that sci fi thriller where the villain was a headbanging cartoon man.

well i fail to see the link between him going on about boats and piracy with sci fi

but what i was alluding to (obviously wasn't clear enough my bad) was this:
- he's presenting an image to the world no matter how silly or camp it is

- not that different from being a card carrying metal head over the internet is it?

Quote by xSacrilegex
/\ Exactly the kind of person we're talking about.

wut?
Quote by ironmaiden_98
+10000

They're so self-righteous about this, I fail to see how it is beneficial to anyone other than themselves nor do I fully understand or agree with their motives.

Well, I don't they are in it to really get anything substantial from it. They hacked a security firm who offered $10,000 to anyone one who could hack it, and when they did, they turned down the money.
Quote by funeralllllllll
well i fail to see the link between him going on about boats and piracy with sci fi

but what i was alluding to (obviously wasn't clear enough my bad) was this:
- he's presenting an image to the world no matter how silly or camp it is

- not that different from being a card carrying metal head over the internet is it?

They just seem to always be trying their hand at cliche villain dialogue. A bloke from one of these movements came here and started saying things like "it would be unwise to cross us". The "we do not forgive" shite from the Scientology protests were equally cringeworthy. It's less like being a card-carrying metalhead, and more like trying to convince the internet that you're Skeletor.

And their ideologies always seem confused and vague. I can't imagine this benefiting the world in any way. It seems more like they thought hacking government websites would be fun, and cobbled together some pseudo-revolutionary rhetoric to pretend that it's anything more worthwhile than spray-painting a cock on a government building.

Maybe there's some master plan and I've missed it, correct me if there is, but that's the impression I've got so far.
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 25, 2011,
also they take credit for everything
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by hildesaw
Well, I don't they are in it to really get anything substantial from it. They hacked a security firm who offered $10,000 to anyone one who could hack it, and when they did, they turned down the money.

Idiots. They could've taken the $10,000 and donated it to charities or orphanages. Complete fools.
Quote by whalepudding
They just seem to always be trying their hand at cliche villain dialogue. A bloke from one of these movements came here and started saying things like "it would be unwise to cross us". The "we do not forgive" shite from the Scientology protests were equally cringeworthy. It's less like being a card-carrying metalhead, and more like trying to convince the internet that you're Skeletor.

And their ideologies always seem confused and vague. I can't imagine this benefiting the world in any way. It seems more like they thought hacking government websites would be fun, and cobbled together some pseudo-revolutionary rhetoric to pretend that it's anything more worthwhile than spray-painting a cock on a government building.

Maybe there's some master plan and I've missed it, correct me if there is, but that's the impression I've got so far.

yeah in this case i think lulzsec in particular may just be jumping onto the antisec bandwagon for extra fame and to legitimise some of their more questionable actions

you can't take the whole anonymous thing too seriously, there are a few guys who pretty much frame their world view through 4chan rimmed glasses and carry the mindset over into the rest of society where they just come across as a massive weirdo

i never watched heman so i can't comment on that, cliché villain dialogue makes the world go around however and i have a lot of time for it
However, when our boat wants to sail into a book store

Our hit on the Arizona police was to expose the corruption and racial profiling of their battle fleet.

This ****in sailor jokes are pathetic... the guy even goes by the ****in name whirlpool!!

Where are these kids parents? They needa pull these kids outta their goddamn basements and rooms and get their kids jobs and lives cause it's not as if their motives and causes are all of a sudden bringing 'justice' or 'balance' to the world.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
also they take credit for everything

yeah like when they denied hacking the census data and when they said that it wasn't them who ddos'd the sun or the times.

I think you might be confusing 'taking credit for' and 'being blamed for'.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The interview was over when the spokesman's mom grounded him from the internet.
ಥ_ಥ
but does he know what love is?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial

These guys are a funny bunch. I honestly have no idea how old they are, some of their little plots seem to be from the mind of a script kiddie, while others are obviously better thought out, and they haven't been successfully tracked... Huh.
Quote by LulzSec
take them down a few notches

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They're hinting at their future planned attacks
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Wow. The way he talked about being on a "lulz boat" and called the Arizona police a "battle fleet" was pathetic. That's something a 11 year old would do pretending to be jack sparrow.

They think they're doing the right thing, but they're just making the middle class suffer, the people who work for the "corrupt overseers". They will end up doing nothing except making powerful websites strengthening their web security. Do they actually think they will be able to achieve their objectives? That's like a criminal going on a crime spree in order to try and stop the government from doing certain things. Actually that's exactly what they're doing. Is the government just going to stop and be like "oh, ok, well cede to your demands? No. They're just going to be annoyed that one of their websites are going to be down for 2 hours.
Wtf does anyone take these clowns seriously? Hacking the CIA and Sony is hardly something noteworthy. You hacked the government and a large corporation. Both Sony & the CIA may vaunt their security. However, in the real world, neither of those 2 entities have good security. But hey...let's interview Lulzsec.
Copyright laws - a no-no. Copywrong is a constant enemy of the seas.

So they expect musicians, writers, painters, etc. to earn no money?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by whalepudding

I agree with you, I don't need an excuse to talk like that either
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Wtf does anyone take these clowns seriously? Hacking the CIA and Sony is hardly something noteworthy. You hacked the government and a large corporation. Both Sony & the CIA may vaunt their security. However, in the real world, neither of those 2 entities have good security. But hey...let's interview Lulzsec.

I didn't expect the CIA website or a Sony service that stores credit card data to have security that can be penetrated by a high school hacker. Then again, I don't know how difficult it is to hack into these sorts of things, but I thought that something that stores personal info would be reasonably well protected.

Also, how are they able to achieve all this publicity without anyone tracking them down?
Quote by kylepianoman
So they expect musicians, writers, painters, etc. to earn no money?

the current system is shit. the work done and effort put in =/= the money earned. you make one cd and you can earn millions from it because everyone buys the exact same one thing but a machine has made it possible to reproduce it to the point where it's like you've done all that work millions of times.
i'm not denying that people put their lives into their art but it doesn't warrant millions of $$ because of advertising/luck (and yes, having genius is luck).
it's like if the guy who came up with the paper fucking clip decided to charge for it, he'd be a billionaire (or his grandkids would or w/e). it's genius but it doesn't make him worthy of billions unless he personally handmade every paper clip in existence.
one of the richest men in england is famous for the way we fold a milk carton. it's ridiculous.
copyright laws have corrupted us and that's why it's so hard to move as a society. it's all just everyone paying for the same thing and others earning money as if they've given their art/product to each individual person.

i don't mind doing music on the side and earning no money from it because it's art; an expression of how i feel, not a way to benefit society.

and as for bringing down corrupt police - i'm all for it.
i think i actually gained a bit of respect for these people i thought were moronic. i'd still never join them...
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Last edited by untalented at Jun 25, 2011,
Man, if I wrote a book or something, I don't want somebody else taking credit for it. That's why we have copyright laws.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Man, if I wrote a book or something, I don't want somebody else taking credit for it. That's why we have copyright laws.

But copyright laws have gone beyond basic protection to ensuring profit by stifling creativity. They're no longer here for protecting individual's creations, we have the creative commons now. Copyrights are here so record companies can suck as much money from artists as they can, from every possible way. Creative commons still allows you to sell your music and take credit, others just have to give you credit if they use pieces of your stuff, as opposed to having to go through a whole bunch of bull with copyrights.

Current copyright laws=bad.

Hell, the tabs on this site are a prime example. In order to maximize profits on their tab books, they're taking down tabs on this site as a breach on intellectual property, when tabs are a prime learning resource for guitarists.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jun 25, 2011,
I appreciate that they care about "freedoms". But copyright laws are a good thing.
Quote by element4433

they basically rip off each other now and use basic formulas anyway.
harry potter was just star wars with a few basic changes.
a lot of books aren't that original. i mean, have you seen jamie oliver's cook book?

the good is obviously that if you do something, someone can't replicate it exactly and steal all the credit for your hard work. however, it's a bit unfortunate if two people come up with the fundamentals of calculus and write a book on it around the same time.

the bad is that if you make something, you can charge people every time they want to use/see/listen to that one thing and nobody can make anything that's any cheaper because it's been copyrighted.
sky sports broadcast one game of football and have millions of people pay individually to watch that one match.

copyright needs sorting out basically.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
I want to point out that their is a huge difference between a 'front' website that Lulzsec hacked and the private secure site that is used to handle internal communications/intel at the CIA. I highly doubt that the CIA database is even connected to any kind of network.

Quote by untalented
they basically rip off each other now and use basic formulas anyway.

You need to read more.
Last edited by sakura'sdarkest at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
yeah like when they denied hacking the census data and when they said that it wasn't them who ddos'd the sun or the times.

I think you might be confusing 'taking credit for' and 'being blamed for'.

cool
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Page 1 of 2