so i mainly play shred guitar, at the moment i have an ibanez tube screamer ts9, ibanez jemini and mod tone speedbox xxl.
im not really satisfied with the jemini i find it has way too much bass.

i want to buy an ibanez RG with maple fretboard and im looking for a pedal that can give me some sort of ''twang'' tone even with full distortion.

any ideas?

thanks!
An RG will DEFINITELY not give you a twang. You want a twang, you get a Fender Strat or even better a Tele.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 25, 2011,
hmm i dont know how to explain... i was looking for something like paul gilbert's 80's tone, though not as sharp and i would like more bass in it.

hope it makes sense
dude it's not the pedal, it's the pickups in the guitar, no distortion pedal can give you twang..look into what types of Dimarzios Paul Gilbert used in the 80s and stick them into your RG
Quote by blackbird51
dude it's not the pedal, it's the pickups in the guitar, no distortion pedal can give you twang..look into what types of Dimarzios Paul Gilbert used in the 80s and stick them into your RG

thanks, even though i dont like emulating some one else's tone i will try something similar but different.

i still would like to get rid of the jemini, do you know of a good distortion pedal with good dynamics and that is responsive to pick attack?
Alder body, with a pickup that has a high mid and treble range, will give you twang...My BKP Painkiller(high output contemporary humbucker) in my Strat gives me massive amounts of twang if I'm not careful.

But the easiest way to get the twang is single coils in a Alder or Ash body guitar, and lots of mids and treble.