What's the best overdrive/distortion pedal that can do a lot of tones for not a lot of money? Mybudget is about $60 but might go up around $20 more or so once I sell my amp. I play metal but I'mlooking for a tone between Megadeth and Iron Maiden/Judas Priest (in terms of dirt). Thanks, IronMaiden76
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Jun 25, 2011,
Have you looked at the Boss DS-1 at all? One of the best value/more popular distortions around, should manage nicely enough for the more oldschool metal stuff, though might struggle to give you much more than that. Plenty of video demos of it around the interwebnets.
Last edited by pete-c at Jun 25, 2011,
I was thinking the DS-1 would be a good choice, abd it's cheap.. and if I don't like it I'll try out one of the hundreds of mods for it
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

I liked my Artec Soloist distortion, got it for dirt cheap on ebay, and I really liked it. The Washburn soloist distortions are exactly the same pedals, just repackaged.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Who carries the Washburn?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Look at the MXR distortion.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
The Distortion+ ? Actually... now that I think about it, my uncle has one he'd prolly let me borrow.. but I'll still get a DS-1 in addition to the MXR.. It's kinda funny, my friends tell me my tone is good but I can't stand it lol
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Well Claude if I get enough money from selling an amp and some paintball gear I'm getting a JCA20H.. This is just a backup plan
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

No ? I'm 99% positive I'm getting a Jet City. If I don't i still want to improve my sound.
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Ok thank you
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

tonerider british distortion is pretty nice. i dunno what us prices are like, but here in europe it's around the top end of your budget (and i'm guessing us prices are similar).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll look into that for sure
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

yeah i mean it's not "zOMG best distortion pedal evar!" good, but it's very nice indeed considering how much it costs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Would it have any use as an overdrive? or is it solely a distortion pedal?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

you can turn the gain down to get more vintage marshall type tones, but i'd say it's more useful as a distortion. they do an od pedal too (which is allegedly very close to a ts9, though i haven't tried it) if you want an od more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
try a Deltalab Metal Distortion. they are fairly cheap and do a good metal sound.
I was looking at the Deltalabs Rock Distortion, because I HATE scooped mids
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699