1 week ago .. the new axe fx II was available form fractal audio website for 2199 $ , it was pre order .

this week *.. 2,599.95 $$$

the product is coming out .. they raise the price 400$ since last week on fractal audio . the demand is so high i bet they can do anything they want .

Does that change your mind about the AXE FX . 2600 $ is a lot of money . you dont even have a power amp /speakers .

do you think its still worth it . cause 2600 ... .. we are talking about a a very good cabinet/ head /preamp at that price .

HOW WOULD YOU SPEND 2600 $?? ( preamp , cab , head etc... ) instead of buying a axe fx .

that unexpected 400 $ raise have made me wonder and g.a.s less about the axe fx .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
The Axe-FX is absolutely brilliant. You don't even need a power amp or a cab since you can route it right to a PA. It's also the only thing you need to record guitars and bass.
I'd spend that on a PRS Custom 24.

It really depends on the utility you get from the money really. If you like having more amps than you need, modeled on an exacting level... then the AxeFX2 will be the right direction to do.

If you only need a few sounds, then maybe the AxeFX is overkill.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I thought it was really clear that they were raising the price after the pre-orders. It's not like they said, "Hey, let's **** with these guys" 2 weeks ago out of nowhere. It's professional-level equipment, and if you don't want to shell out the $2600 they still have the standard and ultra for $1500 and $2000.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
The $400 increase is only to encourage people to join the waiting list. If you join the waiting list you get a coupon which gives you $400 off so you will just have to pay the original price. If you buy from the yahoo store you have to pay the original price + $400. As far as I know the temporary price hike won't effect G66 or any other distributors.

Yeah its definitely worth it if you play live a lot and need a lightweight rig. A lot of bands are swapping over to the Axe now for its portability and huge array of sounds.
If I were looking for an easily portable live rig that can be plugged direct into a PA, I'd go get a POD HD500 before I even thought about buying an axefx. You can get them used on ebay for $350-400 all day long, and that will leave you $2,200 that could be better spent on blow and strippers... or being blown by strippers... your call.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
if I was gigging out a lot I'd get one. ampz are way to heavy.

if i wasn't gigging I'd rather save up for nice recording gear and a computer.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I'd love to hear someone do a shootout between an AxeFX and a POD HD500 recorded with quality mics, and not compressed for youtube. I seriously doubt there's a $2,000+ difference in quality of tone. I've heard some good clips of the HD500, and I have to admit I'm impressed.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by stykerwolf
i doubt its 'some chip'
from what i know its pretty much their algorith, mostly all their work, your paying for something that no one else can make. That and lets face it the amp is seriously good for its size. Plus all you need to do is shove it into a pc to record.

It's called patents, makes it possible for no competition.

And it's all digital, so it's prolly mostly a bunch of big chips, and it's only a preamp, so it has to be mostly big chips.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Give me a Mesa Mark V and I'll make mince meat of your Axe FX II for the same amount of money...I'm a tweaking son of a gun.

That's just nuts for a giant micro chip with some decent software.

Misha would love to ahve a word with you
I'd rather get a nice amp and guitar for that price.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by jpatan
I'd love to hear someone do a shootout between an AxeFX and a POD HD500 recorded with quality mics, and not compressed for youtube. I seriously doubt there's a $2,000+ difference in quality of tone. I've heard some good clips of the HD500, and I have to admit I'm impressed.

have no experience with Axe, but had my hands on HD.

Lets just say it has more "toobes" than a valveking, randall rg 50tc, kustom defender and about as much as marshall jcm 900 they had at the store

Axe is way out of my budget, but HD is up my aley

Son, i am amaze

as for TS,
ENGL SE or ENGL Savage combined with engl/mesa/orange cab
that might be abit over 2600... but that would be dream setup
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Last edited by hr113 at Jun 25, 2011,
Obviously I'm much rather pay $2200 than $2600, but I think $2600 is still a fair price for that machine. It can do anything...

ANYTHING!!!!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
wtf whered ya get that price from? I thought the Axe was 3K euros plus in europe?

Where'd you get THAT price from??

From G66:

WATING LIST
The price will be EUR 2.299 including VAT (1.931,93 excluding VAT). Please send an email to info@g66.eu to get on the waiting list or place an order online (no payment needed before a unit becomes available for you). Everybody who was already on the Axe-Fx or Ultra waiting list will automatically be moved to the Axe-Fx II waiting list.
I'd really have to try it first, though I wouldn't be paying that price either way.

They are cool units, but just based off the ones I've had here before, I wouldn't have paid the $2000 for the Ultra either. They are cool units, but my Diezel slays them for less than it would cost to buy one used with a nice power amp.

Quote by ethan_hanus
Give me a Mesa Mark V and I'll make mince meat of your Axe FX II for the same amount of money...I'm a tweaking son of a gun.

That's just nuts for a giant micro chip with some decent software.

Then you'd probably enjoy the Axe much more
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I was originally like 'ehh, ill just pickup the ultra or standard for a lower price used' but after watching one of premier guitar's videos on it with some guy from the fractal audio, i strangely have gas for it....
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
If I was traveling more, I'd probably be more interested.

I'd also have to hear how the Axe II compares to the Axe I...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's called patents, makes it possible for no competition.

And it's all digital, so it's prolly mostly a bunch of big chips, and it's only a preamp, so it has to be mostly big chips.

There's nothing patentable about the AxeFX.

The reason they're so expensive is because they use Analog Devices processors that cost more wholesale than a POD HD500.

I also dunno where the bitching is coming from. The pre order price was $2200 and it was stated from the beginning that the price would go up to $2600 after that...
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
There's nothing patentable about the AxeFX.

The reason they're so expensive is because they use Analog Devices processors that cost more wholesale than a POD HD500.

I also dunno where the bitching is coming from. The pre order price was $2200 and it was stated from the beginning that the price would go up to $2600 after that...

That, and caps and transistors that are pricier too.

Though a 400 dollar increase for 2x the power isnt exactly a bad deal.

One of the reasons they put the price up was because of the 5 second mad dash sell outs that were occuring. Creating a list was probably one of the easier, less painful options for allowing people to buy. Its still only $2199...

People are stupid
I'm confused, since when was there ever a preorder/waiting list in the US? Fractals site specifically stated, weeks before the release, that there would be no preorders...?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by bogg808

Interesting. I find it funny that Cliff keeps saying a bunch of things, and then never follows through.

500+ units on launch day? Yeah... no.
No waiting list, first come, first serve? Nope.
$2,200 street price? Apparently not.

I am the "Authorized Shipping Center" for the only Fractal Audio dealer in Russia, and we were never offered the chance to take "pre-orders."
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ethan_hanus
Give me a Mesa Mark V and I'll make mince meat of your Axe FX II for the same amount of money.

Much as I agree the MkV is powerfully versatile, I'd think you'd be hard pressed to a stoner/sludge tone out of the MkV.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by jpatan
If I were looking for an easily portable live rig that can be plugged direct into a PA, I'd go get a POD HD500 before I even thought about buying an axefx. You can get them used on ebay for $350-400 all day long, and that will leave you $2,200 that could be better spent on blow and strippers... or being blown by strippers... your call.

Best post in the thread by far.

Seriously though, I've done hours of video watching and clip listening and discovered that the HD's sound just as good as the Axe. Alot of the time the HD's sound better I think the main reasons everyone is all about the Fractal is because they are either jumping on the bandwagon or just think they are better because big names are using them. I was considering an Axe-FX, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with an HD500. I'd rather have the POD + $2100 to spend on guitars (or BJ's from strippers), but whatever floats your boat.
The Axe II just give major gas to everyone and nothing else.

After thinking it out, why spend that much on a single unit, when you can buy other things like a guitar, speakers, bla bla bla that you need and a cheaper MFX unit like the Pod HD or 11R.

When you go into stage / record a song, nearly 90% of the people that will listen to you won't really hear the difference between the Axe FX II and the Pod / 11R anyways.

I'd rather buy a custom / spend the money on a whole rig than spend it for just an Axe FX II.
Quote by Syriel

After thinking it out, why spend that much on a single unit, when you can buy other things like a guitar, speakers, bla bla bla that you need and a cheaper MFX unit like the Pod HD or 11R.

When you go into stage / record a song, nearly 90% of the people that will listen to you won't really hear the difference between the Axe FX II and the Pod / 11R anyways.

I'd rather buy a custom / spend the money on a whole rig than spend it for just an Axe FX II.

Hey, the Axe is a million rigs in a black(or brown) box
Though Il admit its overpriced......but taking into account just how small the Fractal workforce is, and what their service is like, Id say you get what you pay for. PODs are cheap cause there mass produced and their service isnt a patch on Fractal.
Heck, Fractal is like a boutique MFX maker, however oxymoronic that may sound
I needs one.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Syriel

That's so true!
When you go to shows and the music is loud you don't care if it's an axe fx or POD, as long as it sounds good it's good! And if the POD sounds good then there you go!
One for sale on the Sneap forum
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I wouldn't do it. I still haven't heard a sound from the Axe-fx that didn't have a bit of weirdness in the pick attack and high end. Also, I don't have a PA in my jam room and sometimes I play unmic'd shows, so I'd have to drop more dough to get speakers and a poweramp for something that comes with more sounds than I'll ever use. I'm not a tube purist or traditionalist by any means, but I have yet to be impressed enough to consider dropping over $2000. Maybe some time I'll grab an Axe-fx I standard used for 1000 when they drop a bit.