Page 1 of 3
What do you guys think is the most anticlimactic final boss in a video game? These kind of bosses are always total bonerkills, especially when you play a good game, and the final boss is just a walking turd.

For me, it's probably the Borderlands final boss. My friend and I played co-op, and the final boss just stayed stationary, so he sniped from a distance while I blasted it with my freaking awesome scoped shotgun. Way too easy, and we weren't even sure if the game was over. Total bonerkill.
Quote by speedy1330
it means your gonna go to the zoo and get eaten by a panda

trust me i know these things

Quote by Holy Katana
I think the futon symbolizes your repressed homosexuality, TS. That could also explain why you slept together and didn't do anything.
GlaDOS is too easy
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I was playing runescape cause I'm a v brave runescap warrior and theres this boss called barrelchest and he's pretty much like a pirate but he's a barrel or something and he drops anchor and what I did was I borugh tmany sharks and super set potions for my attack def and strength but then I got to him and DDS'd him like 4 times and he was at half health then i switch to whip and used only 1 shark and he drained my prayer

that was a good day
Mass Effect 2.

Or maybe I'm just really good at Mass Effect. Really really good. So good it hurts.
Now I'm
Yu fucking Yevon from Final Fantasy X.

Not that is was a great game to begin with but when you big up the enemy to be some kind of omnipotent superbeing, you'd expect a lot more than some floating, spikey scrotum.
I remember the final boss in "Legend of Dragoon" for PS1 to be pretty anticlimactic.
All the dungeon bosses in Twilight Princess suck, and are really easy. But the final boss on the other hand is truly epic.

Resident Evil 4. Too easy. The whole ending to that game is lame.
MATTERHORN
Battletoads.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Fable II, what the fück.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Fable 3

Way too easy.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Borderlands was the worst boss ever. Dragon Age 2's boss was disappointing also
Hokuto no Ken's rage, technically not the final boss due to the layout of the game but the last boss i killed i just threw a ****ing barrel at him and it glitched or something and died in one hit

The entire level was frustratingly hard man it was lol
In Super Smash Bros. (original for N64), the final encounter is with a giant hand, called "The Master Hand". No matter the difficulty, I always beat the Master Hand. The only reason to do it was to unlock two new characters for my multiplayer battles.

Quote by TheChaz
I've heard that whole game is disappointing. I'd much rather they continued with games like the Baldur's Gate series or the Neverwinter Nights series than the Dragon Age games...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by Doctor Matthews

Resident Evil 4

The Salazar boss fight was the worst. Epic build up, giant monster, 1 rocket launcher, 3 seconds, over.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Majora's Mask
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Doom 3 and Amnesia.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Pretty much anyone in WoW. Just storm forward with one that can take a lot of damage and have a healer heal and the three others just hack and slash their way to victory, probably different on higher levels though.

Quote by TheChaz

Yeah, the game was a rushed mess with inconsistant scenes (low res ambient characters and trees ruined it). If they look for what's wrong with DA:O rather than jumping to another extreme. Let's wait and see, DA3 will have to stand on it's own merits as it has not a former game to rely on like DA2 had (DA:O). You can see that from week two and forth after release, DA2's sales skydivied and fell below the first game's sales.

The Act I boss was rather good though.
Last edited by GisleAune at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by severed-metal
Fable II.

I'd have to go with this one, for sure. Hell, was that even a boss? You...

*SPOILERS BELOW*

Just sorta fight a bunch of normal enemies, then you have this weird little flashback scene that's, like, a tutorial, and then you go and knock the guy into the Spire with one hit, pick your reward and you're done.

*END SPOILERS*

The last boss of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon(or something) for the N64 really bummed me out too when I was, like, 7. I didn't even think that really colorful thing was the last boss, and the game just sorta ended after you won. Regardless, whoever made the game was on some really powerful hallucinogens because the game was messed up as hell anyways. o_o XD And I didn't like the ending itself to Mass Effect I, killer game but when I beat the last boss I was just sorta "...that's it?". And Episode 4 of Doom I found to have a really easy last level too, it was just a normal level with that very-underpowered Spider Mastermind or whatever at the end. The second level in the episode was a LOT harder than everything else in it. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Last edited by Enix165 at Jun 25, 2011,
While I love both Mass Effects, both final bosses were rather meh. Especially 1's - at least 2's fight had a sense of urgency in it despite being easy, 1 was just so much a cakewalk it's not funny.

*KINDA ME2 SPOILER*

Also, WTF at the terminator look.

*/KINDA ME2 SPOILER
Quote by GisleAune
Pretty much anyone in WoW. Just storm forward with one that can take a lot of damage and have a healer heal and the three others just hack and slash their way to victory, probably different on higher levels though.
You haven't done much Cataclysm raiding, have you? Because you're describing dungeons, not raids. Hard Mode raids can be hellish.
Believe it or not Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time. I beat him without taking any damage the first time through. Ganon (his pig or whatever that is... form) was slightly more difficult but still pretty easy if you are equipped properly. Now that I think about it... all the bosses were rather easy in that game...

Still great though!
Larkeicus from FF Echoes of Time was pretty damn easy.

The Alien in Conker's Bad Fur Day, I wanted to fight Panther King
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
In Super Smash Bros. (original for N64), the final encounter is with a giant hand, called "The Master Hand". No matter the difficulty, I always beat the Master Hand. The only reason to do it was to unlock two new characters for my multiplayer battles.

I came in to say exactly this.
I remember back on the old Xbox, the game Path of Neo had a horribly easy boss fight at the end.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by descara
While I love both Mass Effects, both final bosses were rather meh. Especially 1's - at least 2's fight had a sense of urgency in it despite being easy, 1 was just so much a cakewalk it's not funny.

Agreed
Now I'm
Quote by Weaponxclaws
Believe it or not Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time. I beat him without taking any damage the first time through. Ganon (his pig or whatever that is... form) was slightly more difficult but still pretty easy if you are equipped properly. Now that I think about it... all the bosses were rather easy in that game...

Still great though!

I forgot about Ganon, him too. I never beat the Shadow Temple but I played Ganon's Castle on a friend's file, and I had a little trouble with Ganondorf, but I had no trouble with Ganon himself, even with the broken Giant's Knife. But the game was great, so I can't say anything bad...does anyone NOT like OoT? xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
i should also mention that i find the final boss fights in most RPGs to be anticlimactic, but that has more to do with me over preparing and leveling up my characters to the point that the boss goes down no problem.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I forgot about Ganon, him too. I never beat the Shadow Temple but I played Ganon's Castle on a friend's file, and I had a little trouble with Ganondorf, but I had no trouble with Ganon himself, even with the broken Giant's Knife. But the game was great, so I can't say anything bad...does anyone NOT like OoT? xD

I would have to say that the boss of the shadow temple was probably the most difficult of the game but pretty simple if you can regain yourself quickly enough. I think the water temple as a whole should be counted as a boss because that sumbitch was waaaaaay too difficult.
Portal and Portal 2. I could do both of those with one hand.

Er no wait, I forgot the very end part of Portal 2, nevermind on that one.

MC name = Bearrorism
Last edited by Gargantuan at Jun 25, 2011,
Augustus Autumn in Fallout 3. The last mission is basically walk from the Citadel to the Jefferson Memorial, then let Fawkes kill him in 1 second.
Quake was the most disappointing for me. It's a ****ing tree thing you just teleport into and that's that.
Quote by 727Helena
Mass Effect 2.

Or maybe I'm just really good at Mass Effect. Really really good. So good it hurts.

Nah, that reaper was just easy. I wanted to shut that bitch Harbinger up myself, actually.
Quote by smb
Quake was the most disappointing for me. It's a ****ing tree thing you just teleport into and that's that.

The most difficult was not falling into the lava... made for an awesome multiplayer map though.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You haven't done much Cataclysm raiding, have you? Because you're describing dungeons, not raids. Hard Mode raids can be hellish.

No, I haven't done any at all, hence the last sentence in the past you qouted. Even thought dungeons == raids...
I found Kingdom Hearts 2 to be way too easy, I was surprised and disappointed when I noticed it was the last boss. Actually, all KH bosses are easy. At least critical mode on birth by sleep is a bit more challenging.
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on ps2.

SPOILER ALERT!!

You have a badass fight with a bunch of sandmonsters with your one-hit-kill sword. After that the boss is an old man with a cane who you only have to counter until he forgets to block.

SPOILER OVER.
Didn't like the whole boss schematic thing for Twilight Princess. Seemed pretentious to me, "OH AND ANOTHER VERSION OF DA BOSS! SO EPIX!". It was still great, but eh.
Page 1 of 3