put the string on a floyd rose equiped guitar on, the opposite of how you put string on a Stop Tail guitar. I have and ESP LTD M-100 FM see, which i equiped with a floyd rose system. Ans since a break alot of strings i figured, hey lets just put the string on opposite (with the ball or ring still on and at the headstock) so if i break it (usually at the bottom, somewhere on the back of the bridge pick up) i just need to cut it where i broke and slide it down and re-attach it. This way i save money in buying new strings coz i can use the same string 2 or 3 more times.
so.. anyone else figured this out?
Next time go to the store and buy some lube first before you mindf*** me
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
My friend always does this. It looks stupid in my opinion, but it works fine.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by whoknows
And it doesn't mess up your intonation?

not that my hearing can pick up
i used to do it, now i just cut the ball ends off at the headstock
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Can't you still do that regardless of which way you put them on? As long as it's wound around the tuner post a couple of times, you have enough extra string to extend it back to the saddle if you break it.
Quote by sashki
Can't you still do that regardless of which way you put them on? As long as it's wound around the tuner post a couple of times, you have enough extra string to extend it back to the saddle if you break it.

Yeah, but with the ball end holding it at the tuner, you can use as much of the string as possible because it won't slip through the tuner hole, even when it's unwound all the way.

I do this to my guitars with Floyds.