http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=38&P_ID=22870&PT_ID=27

Good guitar? I play pretty much nothing but Metal, and if i do choose to play other styles I also have a strat and an Ltd ec 401. Would be running through a peavy vypyr 75, would be my first guitar with the floyd and the locking nut. When i tried it out in the store it felt pretty good, although i would want to change the strings and the guage to 10's becasue this was going to be the D standard/Drop C guitar while my esp was going to be my everything else guitar (mostly E and drop D). Comes with the case, don't know what else to say.

Comments?
never tried it. assuming it's of similar quality to the discontinued sl3, it's probably a pretty nice guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well ya what dave said, sl3's are quality guitars and if its the same quality then ya it probably plays really well
yeah it was an MIJ HSS soloist with the frt-x000 trem. considering the ke5 seems to be in the same series (the neck-thru japanese pro series), i would assume similar quality. I could be wrong, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well when i looked on the Jackson site a couple of days ago this Kelly wasn't on there, the whole XX5FR generation seems to be gone so is this model discontinued also?
i dunno. it was a pretty new model, it'd be a shame if it's gone. the jackson website is pretty rubbish, though, so i wouldn't put too much stock in it, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agreed, Axe Music just started selling Jacksons, it wouldn't make sense to start selling with a discontinued model
well, unless they just got a good deal on it, I guess. the thing about guitars is that, as they don't really go out of date, you can often get kickass deals on good guitars which are the older model- if the specs are the same, and assuming it hasn't stayed on the shelf because it was a lemon, you can get pretty cool guitars for not much money.

I mean, I just checked the jackson site and the ke5 doesn't seem to be there. maybe it is discontinued. but jackson/fender/charvel doesn't really have much of a rep for keeping its website updated, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just phoned axe music and they said as far as they know its still being produced so...
ok, cool.

of course, they would say that. But I mean if it's still being produced that's cool. if you ask me jackson should do a higher-up neck-thru version of all their models in the pro series.

or else just start importing the jackson stars. a lot of them have ebony boards too, which is closer to a USA Jackson.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?