Which of these two pedals would be better for a blues rock kind of sound thats thick but has alot of dynamics and transparency that doesnt cut out the natural tone of the guitar. It would be player through a strat with treble bleed mod and seymour duncan jb and jazz humbuckers into a modified fender hot rod deville. Im open to other pedal suggestions as well just nothing boss or digitech.
Klon is in no way worth the cash.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
well a klon is like a bazillion dollars at the moment. I wasn't sure they were worth the money when they were still making them (that's at UK prices, though, which were pushing £300 new). Nice pedal, but not £300 nice. Like if (that's an "if", I'm not saying they were worth £150 either ) the other nice high-end pedals were worth £150 the klon was maybe worth £180, kind of thing.

timmy's probably worth considering, if my dano TOD is anything to go by.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You'd be silly not to get a klon. If you can affod it get 2 and stack them for the best tone ever!
mojostompboxes.com
if you can afford it buy a bunch and hang onto them for about 5 years. then profit.

seriously, though, past performance is no guide to future performance in investments.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by greeny23
You'd be silly not to get a klon. If you can affod it get 2 and stack them for the best tone ever!

Tim's girlfriend has taste!

Speaking of Tim, check out Paul Cochrane's Tim or Timmy. They both walk all over the Klon Centaur in almost every respect. I know it's been suggested already but it needs a seconding.

The Empress Multidrive is fantastic if you want a lot more versatility from your distortion. It can produce a great multitude of tones if you know how to tweak it a little and spend some time with it.

You may also want to look into the Rockbox Boiling Point. If you don't mind paying a lot of money, it's definitely the better choice compared to the Klon. I think it sounds better personally.
f you can afford to look at a Klon, you should give this a try.

http://jhv3.squarespace.com/ghost-drive/

I've got the high gain version, and it definitely retains your playing and picking dynamics exceptionally well, while keeping the signal transparent - you can hear the difference nuances of your playing and your guitar's tone wood.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Hmm ok I've never heard of the tim or Timmy or the multidrive the reason I threw the klon outthere I because there's one on craigslist here for 210 and a gristle king for 260 but I'm open to others. Right now I'm running a fulltone MOSFET fulldrive and a Seymour Duncan twin tube classic but it has to much feedback and sounds thin so I'm trying to sell that so u can get a better one to achieve the sound I want.
Quote by bluesdriver
Hmm ok I've never heard of the tim or Timmy or the multidrive the reason I threw the klon outthere I because there's one on craigslist here for 210 and a gristle king for 260 but I'm open to others. Right now I'm running a fulltone MOSFET fulldrive and a Seymour Duncan twin tube classic but it has to much feedback and sounds thin so I'm trying to sell that so u can get a better one to achieve the sound I want.

THE ****!?!?

DO IT. DO IT NOW.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

A Klon Centaur for $210? That shit must be whacked. Pick it up personally, test it out yourself, and check the guts. Also, only pay with PayPal as it will offer you more security than cash.
Or it's someone who really has no idea what it's worth. I'd look into it.

Quote by bogg808

Link to the ad is needed.

Quote by bogg808

link or it's an alpha drive
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It was an extremely beat up klon. I don't think it had much life left in it. Are the keeley nodded pedals good for blues. If so which ones because I had akeeley ds1 butbit was too thick and heavy for blues. I'm just on the search for a good tone and need the help
I think the guy removed the ad cause I can't find it I should have done that first. My bad I'm new.
ah no worries

i mean most lower gain overdrive pedals will work for blues. just a matter of finding one you like (most are based on a tubescreamer, anyway)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want transparent, get a clean boost.

I recommend the Timmy, partly because of its reputation and partly because they're made not too far from where I am (~20 miles, in Murfreesboro).

I wonder if I could do a local pickup if I ever get one.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jul 1, 2011,
I think he's married
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Les lius. It's basically a klon, but won't kill your wallet like one... I can't remember who builds it though, either love pedal or some other company...
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV
Les lius. It's basically a klon, but won't kill your wallet like one... I can't remember who builds it though, either love pedal or some other company...

It's Lovepedal. But I thought the Kalamazoo was their Klon clone. I remember PGS doing a shootout between the Kalamazoo and the Klon.
The Kalamazoo and the Klon really didn't sound anything alike. Funny how Lovepedal does that - they clone a pedal, and it doesn't sound anything like the original (kalamazoo + klon, amp 11 + timmy).

But yeah, the Timmy is pretty much the most transparent thing ever. Killer EQ as well; you cut away unwanted bass and treble.
Ok i decided on a trex mudhoney and a fulltone fulldrive because they layer nicely and are both pretty bluesy but still have bod and retain your tone. Thanks everybody I appreciate yalls input!