Hi guys.
I re-recorded the cover, this time I figured out that I can record using my laptop as a mixer essentially; the result - a MUCH higher quality video. Would appreciate comments Some minor mistakes, mainly due to the fact that I couldn't really hear myself playing, for all kinds of reasons.

c4c!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSWN8qclfHs
Last edited by piszczel at Jun 25, 2011,
Not trying to be an ass by any means, but to be honest its really sloppy playing, your guitar is out of tune to start, your timing is wayyyyyy off. It looks like you know how to play the song, you just need to work on cleaning it up. Alot. and start practicing with a metronome to fix the timing issue. And next time, make sure the guitar is tuned correctly. Hope this helped some
Quote by Trivium09
Not trying to be an ass by any means, but to be honest its really sloppy playing, your guitar is out of tune to start, your timing is wayyyyyy off. It looks like you know how to play the song, you just need to work on cleaning it up. Alot. and start practicing with a metronome to fix the timing issue. And next time, make sure the guitar is tuned correctly. Hope this helped some

I've been told this like a million times now... My guitar is in tune! Either that or my tuners broken. Also how is my timing off? There song is playing in the background if you turn it up, it's perfectly on time for the most part?
Quote by Wisthekiller
The playing was great, but the tone left a lot to be desired. Your Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle solo was not very good at all (love that song!) though.

Thanks. You should have seen the previous video lol.
Yeah I recorded that aaages ago (I only played the guitar for about ~7 months at the time)
Sounds like you're at a phase in your playing to play difficult stuff, but you're just short of playing it tightly along to the track. It's not out of time, but it's only just in - a bit loose, little changes of intonation and picking strength, etc. I don't think it's a bad cover at all though - the tone's pretty good, and for a hard song it's not a bad swing at all.
Cheer up dude, I don't know why you receive so much dislikes too ...
However, I think your cover is really good, now the quality is better and your playing is more remarkable. I don't think your guitar is detuned, but so much people say that, I don't know really. However, good cover!
Some bits were off, but overall I thought it was a good cover, well done. Also, not sure why you'd get so many dislikes :/

Thrown a like in to try and even things out.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
It's not that your guitar is out of tune, the intonation is messed up, basicly, when you play an open string it's in tune but when you fret a note, it's slighty out of tune, and the higher up on the fretboard you go, the more out of tune the note is, to the point where at the 12th fret you may be as much as a half step sharp or flat, this is why you're getting many of those comments. BTW... if it's much more than half a step off at the 12th fret, or if you do not have an adjustable bridge (no screws), you need to have a qualified guitar tech check it out.

Quote by PRS Guitars

Tuning and Setup Hints

The intonation may be adjusted by moving the phillips head screws on the inside edge of the bridge (facing the treble pickup) in and out with a phillips head screwdriver. Match the octave (fretted) note of all six strings with their corresponding 12th fret open harmonics by shortening or lengthening the strings with the adjusting screws. Additional minor adjustments to the intonation may also be made by moving the set screws facing the tail end of the guitar in and out with the allen wrench provided.

Remember to tune and retune until the process is complete.

Note, the exact steps may be slightly different depending on what kind of bridge is on your guitar, for example the screws are in the back of the bridge on many adjustable bridges.
Last edited by chaosdsm at Jun 26, 2011,