http://www.thomann.de/dk/yamaha_cpx500ii_rm.htm

http://www.thomann.de/dk/takamine_eg340sc.htm

I can't choose between these 2! And I've only tried the Yamaha, as they don't have takamines in the music shop! Which would be the best to go for - in your opinion!

I'm going to use for it for recording, jamming with friends, practicing!

But please! if you KNOW anything better, for the same price, or cheaper, tell me!
Last edited by AdamDCMA at Jun 25, 2011,
I own the ef341sc which is pretty much the pro version of the tak u have there and i love mine tak makes great guitars for the price not sure about the yahama
Personally, I'd go for the Takamine. My wife and son both own Takamine acoustics and my wife also owns a Yamaha acoustic. I know it's a different model, but I prefer both of the Takamine guitars to the Yamaha. I prefer my Taylor acoustics to the Takamines, but that's just personal preference. YMMV.
Its all about prefrence i love my tak because i play lead guitar and it has a great tone with a cutaway and comes with a nice pickup
LOL site is in Danish. I would go with takamine. Takamine always has a nice sound, I have yet to buy one myself but I have played on alot of them and they have a nice tone. Yamahas have a good quality though but they are pretty much ok. I would go with the yamaha for your first guitar but if you are experienced go with the takamine. I would go with a takaine from the g series if I were you though which isn't too much more I believe. If you had the money I would go with a taylor 100 or 200 series.
Guitarist & Bassist
Last edited by Asa Carter at Jun 25, 2011,
i don't care for either of them. while some taks sound great, and so do many yamahas, to my ears these aren't the best sounding models for either brand.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by Asa Carter
LOL site is in Danish. I would go with takamine. Takamine always has a nice sound, I have yet to buy one myself but I have played on alot of them and they have a nice tone. Yamahas have a good quality though but they are pretty much ok. I would go with the yamaha for your first guitar but if you are experienced go with the takamine. I would go with a takaine from the g series if I were you though which isn't too much more I believe. If you had the money I would go with a taylor 100 or 200 series.

Well. I've had a Yamaha F310 since December? Which was my starter?
I've never played either of those guitars, but judging by the specs I'd definitely choose the Takamine over the Yamaha, because of the solid-top, as opposed to the laminate top on the Yamaha. I know it's a little more expensive, but you'll be glad of it in the future. Also, I haven't had a very good experience with Yamahas, but that's just me.