Page 2 of 4
Guess seeing as I don't listen to those bands, I don't understand.

What songs should I check out?
Tigers Jaw>>The Wonder Years>Story>>>>>>>>>>>>New Found Glory. Can't stand them.

Quote by blake1221
Guess seeing as I don't listen to those bands, I don't understand.

What songs should I check out?
They're awesome. I'd recommend you Jersey's Best Dancers by Lifetime and Through Being Cool by Saves The Day.

Lifetime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgnuIvICoA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnyJczTIRWo

STD: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjodXJnf_o9k&ei=r5MfTpfXL8PQiAKVh52ZAw&usg=AFQjCNFMjl_cdPv8C__nRTjHQ0d1HTccyg&sig2=6bic5P_uPFD_cogPyGRkNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0MYCxtZ9iY

Saves The Day sort of ripped off Lifetime for their first two albums.
Last edited by due 07 at Jul 14, 2011,
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Ha, "Shoulder To The Wheel" just came on my Winamp. That song is so catchy, but it's way too long. I'm just annoyed by the time the last couple of choruses come in. The song should have ended at 2:22 I think.

EDIT: No "Irony Is For Suckers"?

Last edited by due 07 at Jul 14, 2011,
Collin, first five seconds of the first Lifetime song, already a fan.

Congratulations. You're awesome.

I liked both of those bands, Lifetime more, but not enough to completely nullify my love for New Found Glory. They were one of the first CD's I bought.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jul 14, 2011,
You srsly hadn't heard Lifetime before?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
You srsly hadn't heard Lifetime before?

Me? Honestly first time anyone's brought them up.
I feel like NFG love is based 100% on nostalgic value. I hadn't listened to them at all until I was in grade 12. I don't see the appeal at all.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I could understand that. Especially with his voice. But pretty much every song on Sticks and Stones is catchy as hell.
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Not another STD vs Lifetime argument.

NO ONE GOES TO COLLEGE ANYMORE!
Exactly. It's not an STD vs Lifetime argument.
Quote by nashawa
I feel like NFG love is based 100% on nostalgic value. I hadn't listened to them at all until I was in grade 12. I don't see the appeal at all.
I agree 100%.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by asator
Also, the last two Wonder Years records have pretty much no ridiculous synth. Hence me being able to listen to it. Their new album is really, really good.

Hmm, no synth you say? After 3 years, I'm pretty much over this band, but I guess I'll give it a listen a see whats up.

Quote by nashawa
I feel like NFG love is based 100% on nostalgic value.

I listened to them in middle school, and didn't listen to them again until college, and I love them more 7 or 8 years later.
Quote by TheBDanAbstract
Hmm, no synth you say? After 3 years, I'm pretty much over this band, but I guess I'll give it a listen a see whats up.

I listened to them in middle school, and didn't listen to them again until college, and I love them more 7 or 8 years later.

Same. I used to jock Sticks and Stones back in middle School, but I only started really being into them recently.
Quote by TheBDanAbstract

There are tiny bits and pieces here and there, but it's not cringey like before.

ie like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iChf9Trnl2E
My name is Danny. Call me that.
What's cringey about that?

Edit: Re-read. Nevermind.
But yeah, Suburbia is slowly growing on me more than The Upsides.
^ I love that song.

The best is My Life as a Pigeon.

It's really sad reading The Wonder Years (Official Thread) on AP. Soupy is a regular, and every time he posts, 20 kids suck up to him, like crazily.
This one time, someone called something gay, and then like 3 pages full of kids were like "HOMOSEXUAL BULLSHIT, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU MEANT IT THAT WAY"
"WHAT WOULD SOUPY THINK"

They're one of my favorite bands, but seriously, Soupy is this generation's Jesse Lacey i.e. most hyped up superhero.
Let's get back to da task and hand here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffl0khDrP9k
The Story So Far is an incredible band. Does anyone know what the deal is with their drummer? I heard that he is not going on tour with them this summer
Quote by metallicafan616
fial

Quote by Kevin97220
lol anything divided by zero is zero, why did you need a calculator for that?
I really enjoy this new record. It's just a fun, jumpy, catchy summer album. No problems there. That half acoustic track they did was phenomenal
I can bet behind that. To me, they sound like a better produced Crucial Dudes. Especially the singer.
I just bought their first EP: When Fortune Smiled for 99 cents at Vintage Vinyl, man I love that place!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Ahh..thought so, because I bought that album and liked it and then dl'd the "newest" and I was like well I guess they got a new singer lol
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Daggermouth rules. I listened to them for the first time in a while the other day.

I agree that Crucial Dudes sounds more similar to Daggermouth than TSSF.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Does anyone else think the intro to quicksand sounds exactly like the intro to youreyeah by title fight?
Quote by Fenix40
Does anyone else think the intro to quicksand sounds exactly like the intro to youreyeah by title fight?

... It's pop punk dude.
Oh no I know I wasn't saying they ripped it off or anything I was just pointing out the similarity.
Saw them tonight with Hit the Lights headlining. Such Gold made a secret appearance and played "Four Superbowls..." and "Sycamore." I was so stoked for that.

Story So Far was really good as well.

EDIT: Apparently the vocalist of All Teeth was with them, and now that I know what he looks like, I can't believe I didn't say anything. We were both hanging at the merch stand shit loads.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Last edited by synestershadows at Dec 2, 2011,
Quote by punkforlife93
It sounds like the vocals are autotuned in the OP...or maybe just hyper-nasally...not bad or anything, just not my cup of tea...well, maybe a little bad...

Re-quoted just because I still agree with myself.
Quote by nashawa
1) There's no hype. 3 kids know about this band.

lol
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
Yeah I hate people stereotyping pop-punk like 'dis shit is liek only 3 chords listen to metul it has solos man'. I mean, try to make music that a crowd sings along like that, with passion
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.