was wondering if this amp is any good for. rock/metal etc

Marshall JVM 410 amp head and 1960 speaker cab

thanks
A lot of people around here hate it. I think it's decent, but not worth the price. If I had that much money to spend on an amp, it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. I'd say it's pretty fat sounding but not very articulate. I would not recommend it for modern metal sounds, if that's what you're looking for.
Of course, the best thing to do is to try one yourself.
The price of the head alone is like...£800, unless you're on about going used.

Anyway, I can imagine it'd do Iron Maiden/ACDC sounds alright, but you should try one out before you drop any money on one.
^ +1

though £650 for the halfstack sounds like a half-decent price (could be wrong, i don't pay too much attention to the used market).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some love and some hate.

650 sounds a good deal indeed.

You should ask the adults on jvmforums for some ubiased and fair opinions specifcally from scubadaz/ibanezgod1973 then leave us kids alone to play though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?