Ok, so my dad was out visiting his parents on the east coast, and he sent me a picture saying if I can guess it right my uncle will give me this guitar. He sent me only one picture, and thats all I get so dont ask for more. My uncle usually plays Gibson Les Pauls, as he has forever. Hes got a 60's original that he got for $300 back in the day. I played it. It was godly. But anyway, can anybody help me identify this guitar?I can tell its some kind of Melody Maker, but I need "the exact model, style, and year".

TL;DR: What the hell is it? (Model, Year)

Sorry its a really bad picture, had to make it hard I guess.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45422832@N04/5870545147/
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jun 25, 2011,
Yeah its not working, hold on

right click and hit open in new tab, if someone could help me fix it it would be nice.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jun 25, 2011,
Alright it seems to be a Melody maker reissue in raw vintage sunburst, but anybody know what year it is?
Where's Waldo?
Need the serial number to be sure. Back of the headstock.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Yeah I only have one picture, which doesn't include that, but do you know what years these were made in? maybe it was only one or something
Where's Waldo?
If that is an original melody maker, then it was probably made either in 1959 (the year they were introduced) or 1960. In 1961 they switched to a double cutaway design.

However, this guitar looks extremely clean for a 50 year old guitar, and the pickup has visible polepieces, which the original did not have. Also, a melody maker in the 60's would have cost a lot less than $300. This leads me to believe that it may be a reissue.
yeah I think it is a reissue, and he got the paul for 300, not the melody maker.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
yeah I think it is a reissue, and he got the paul for 300, not the melody maker.

A LesPaul from '64

that is interesting.......
Quote by paruwi
A LesPaul from '64

that is interesting.......

I think he said 64, idk it was 2 years ago, but now that I think about it, it might have been when they did the whole Les Paul SG thing, but IDK.
Where's Waldo?
I thought Pauls were discontinued from '61-'68? After the SG came out?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by carlos_almighty
I thought Pauls were discontinued from '61-'68? After the SG came out?

Yep !
pic isn't working for me
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by paruwi
Yep !

Alright, i fixed it, but i know it was from the 60's, it was really nice.

and Right click on the picture thing and hit 'open in new tab'
Where's Waldo?
Since it's got a single coil pickup it was made during or after 2007 when it became it's own separate model. Before that it was called a "Les Paul Melody Maker" and had a single P90. I'm sorry to say, but without the serial it's impossible to determine what year. 2007-2011, it's your guess.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jun 25, 2011,