hey guys this is a thread for a friend
he's just joined my band and only has a line 6 vetta atm and is looking for a versatile head for gigging and rehearsals
i've helped him so far look at a few obvious options like the peavey jsx/xxx/5150/6505/3120m, Bugera 333xl and 6262 etc but this is just to broaden the horizons mainly
he's after something with a parkway drive-esque sound but something that can cope well with august burns red and it prevails-esque melodic hardcore
obviously a good amount of gain is a must..
he'd be competing against my peavey jsx which is kinda ruining his line 6 vetta atm haha

he's looking for 2nd hand if needs be in the UK so usa/europe isn't an option
£700 or less

i've heard good things about the carvin v3 and the laney vh100r too

if anybody could suggest more models/makes and not just the obvious 5150 6505 that'd be great!

cheers

if it helps for the kind of music we play then have a listen on www.facebook.com/hatethefaith
not for spam! just if it helps haha

All the amps in the OP pretty much cover 90% of the amps for metalcore. Suppose you could look into Randall... RM100 and others.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
if it's not possible to choose any other models/makes then feel free to list like the best 3 choices or something, i'd help me narrow it down an awful lot!!!
V3 is great if versatility is your goal, but for straight metalcore and stuff like that 6505/5150. you might as well that everyone in your thread cause thats the only recommendation youll get lol
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED