Hey kids. Some of you may have noticed that i've kind of vanished from the forums. Thats because I am currently in pre-production of a movie. Im working out the kinks in the screenplay (shots, locations, and stuff) at the moment and we will start filming next month.

Its called Action Movie Hero Boy and its a "comedy of errors/mockumentary" about a group of (recently) post-high school friends that have to prove themselves by making a movie. (Although they are all in it for different reasons). Its going to be feature length, and be online/local indie theater/maybe a local film festival if we finish by winter. So nothing too big.

But I have one problem. We want to be able to make money for the movie. And we obviously can't afford to use famous songs/original songs in the soundtrack. So thats where you guys come in. Who is interested in being part of the soundtrack?

-You will be credited (as the name of your choosing)
-Have your music featured in the movie for people to hear.
-Copies of the film's soundtrack will be given to people for free after events/available for free download, so that they can listen to your music even more.
-Get a free DVD of the movie when its finished.

There are requirements though.
-It must be original songs. (Maybe a good song-writing exercise).
-You will not be able to see the movie segment it will be played in.
-I will give a scenario/genre for the song to be.
-It can take a while for the project to be done.

I won't be able to pick every song to be in the movie. I'll pick the one I think fits the best.

I have two songs that I need at the moment. But will need more as the project goes on.

1. A slow "country" or "folk" sounding song. Maybe something that you would listen to after a break-up. This is for the main character, who hates his job.

2. Shred guitar. Just the one guitar shredding for about a minute. This plays in a scene where a certain character kills a horde of zombies by playing guitar. (Don't ask, it'll make sense eventually).

Thanks.
Hey man, my band have just released our debut album and we'd be happy for you to use any of the tracks on the album for the movie. We have a slower song, but most of them are hard rock and theres a lot of solo style things going on.

The band myspace has the full album on and you can listen to it for free there. The address is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Violent-Karma/110939678954898?sk=app_2405167945 and for shreddy solo's I would advise either Love Timer, Troubled Minds, Drug Slave or Fate.

You can get in touch with me through PM or on any of the bands web pages.
Awesome! I like your stuff, and will keep you guys bookmarked.

Oh and I liked your Facebook page.
Do you have a composer also, or are you just putting songs in various scenes? I would suggest combining a composer who underscores most of the film with using one or two tracks from bands. A well-written musical score is often the difference between an average film and something that makes it stand out.

I would offer my services, but I haven't got any gear at the moment.

On a side note, I am a film graduate so the rest of the project interests me. I'm on the other side of the world, so I can't do much, but if you want a sounding board/need advice then hit me up.

My email is reubenjohnsonfilm@gmail.com
Quote by fleaflicker182
Do you have a composer also, or are you just putting songs in various scenes? I would suggest combining a composer who underscores most of the film with using one or two tracks from bands. A well-written musical score is often the difference between an average film and something that makes it stand out.

I would offer my services, but I haven't got any gear at the moment.

On a side note, I am a film graduate so the rest of the project interests me. I'm on the other side of the world, so I can't do much, but if you want a sounding board/need advice then hit me up.

My email is reubenjohnsonfilm@gmail.com

We don't really have a "composer" per say. But we do have a musical composition student thats volunteered to help out a bit. Other than that, I thought it would be cool to use very unknown bands to help fit the "underdog" feeling of the movie.

I saved your email by the way. Thanks for the support.

And im bumping this, I still need to some music. Keep in mind that you don't have to record music specifically for this movie. Im just looking for anything that might work.
I'm too musically untalented to help, but this idea looks very interesting.

Good luck for everything!
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I have an acoustic song, with a sorta shreddy solo, PM me and I'll send you a MIDI/GPro file.
you're a stone fox
What happened to this guy?!?! I actually wanted to be helpful.
you're a stone fox
I've actually been checking. However, we've been having casting issues so we haven't officially started filming.

I was going to wait until we figured things out to continue updating the thread.