Hey everyone, this is the first original I have ever put on youtube and I would really appreciate some feedback! It's kind of long but if you can, please listen all the way through, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8sRi_lACh0

I've fused it with some videos and animations of space. I'll C4C!

Thanks a lot!
Just listened to the intro, and so far brilliant. A few of the bends Im not to happy with, I think they might be intentional for the effect, but I personally don't like them. The whole thing is pretty good. Good Job on this. It can be hard to use effects like these and get it to sound nice.

The guitar solo around 1:40+ part, sounds good but it sounds to "high", It might just be my speakers but I think it sounds too high (in contrast to rest of the instrumental).

2:30 its great, love how you get into that big part and join in with the guitar again.

This whole thing is good, I could go on naming parts and just saying how great they are. Keep up the good work..

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454939
hey dude, liking this. not many people seem to be writing psychedelic songs any more so im glad some people still are. My one criticism would be that theres not enough variety for an instrumental song of that length.

I have a psychedelic song on my channel, critique for critique? (and the weird noises at the beggining are just an intro )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydri_zAHwbA
Thanks both! Darren, what do you mean by "too high" at that one part? Do you just mean too high of a note, or too much treble or something? I just don't really hear any problems but I'd like to know what you're talking about.

Thanks weorge, I called it "psychedelic-ish" but really, there aren't too many psychedelic influences in it... Maybe vaguely at times, but still. As for yours, I'll just critique here... It sounded pretty cool, seems there were a few different genres/styles fused into one, which did give it a fairly original kind of feel. I noticed a few timing problems and such, but still good job.
Very nice track! That was a great listen and really reminded me of Pink Floyd type stuff in a lot of ways. Great atmosphere you created, and the video was a perfect fit in my opinion.

Everything was nicely played, I think the effects you used were very tasteful and not overdone. Production was good, the drums sounded nice and I liked the panning effect you incorporated there. I don't really have anything bad to say about it, it was an engaging listen from start to finish, and the final part was melodic enough to get stuck in my head after it was over.

The only small things I noticed were a couple of clips / crackles near the end, and the bend right around 1:52 was a little jarring, but by no means was it bad. Just perhaps a little against the mood at the time.

Again, very good playing and writing here. I hope everyone appreciates the amount of work that went into this piece, and I hope you continue to make music in the future!
Quote by supralightning
Very nice track! That was a great listen and really reminded me of Pink Floyd type stuff in a lot of ways. Great atmosphere you created, and the video was a perfect fit in my opinion.

Everything was nicely played, I think the effects you used were very tasteful and not overdone. Production was good, the drums sounded nice and I liked the panning effect you incorporated there. I don't really have anything bad to say about it, it was an engaging listen from start to finish, and the final part was melodic enough to get stuck in my head after it was over.

The only small things I noticed were a couple of clips / crackles near the end, and the bend right around 1:52 was a little jarring, but by no means was it bad. Just perhaps a little against the mood at the time.

Again, very good playing and writing here. I hope everyone appreciates the amount of work that went into this piece, and I hope you continue to make music in the future!

Thanks for the feedback, Supra! This was my first ever original and I really enjoyed the process, so I'm definitely gonna start doing more. Hopefully one day I'll have a YouTube channel as respectable as yours, which I'm about to subscribe to myself... Haha. Cheers!
i just put it on (and i havent read any of the above comments yet so sorry if i duplicate) but immediately stunned by the tone and clarity. at 1:15 your picking technique looks really awkward but the result sounds great so no real complaints. you might be able to get more economical on that run. the combo of the video adds immensely as well. the drums just kicked in along with an ambient background part as the sun came into view which all fit perfectly. your distortion tone at 3:15 reminded sounds satriani-esque. the keyboard sounds coming in sound cool and i really like the delay on the bass a lot, but now passing the 7 minute mark i feel like it might be a little slow in developing this phase. when it died down i was excited to see how it progressed and how it was going to come back in and 3 minutes later that hasnt happened. not completely bad, the mood is still there for sure, just still wondering if its going to happen. alright song just ended, it never kicked back in like i expected it to when it first went out, but i think the fade out that takes place is equally effective and fits the mood. i am a huge believer in playing what you feel rather than trying to elicit a certain kind of reaction or liking from future listeners, so you dont have to heed this, but just as another view, you could lose people in the midst of whats basically a 4-5 minute outro. again, i think it fits and withholds the mood beautifully, but thats just another way of looking at it should you care to see it that way.nothing short of fantastic, especially for a first recording, c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455798