Hey,

So, I'm thinking about saving up for a Line 6 POD HD500 unit. Would it sound good running through my 5150 2x12 combo? I want to use it (POD HD thru 5150) for metal and, don't get wrong, the 5150 sounds amazing -- it's really my dream tone --, it just doesn't work for ALL the music I play. Would it sound good? I've just never heard a POD running through a tube amp. Or would it be better to just save up for, my other option, an ENGL E530? Let me know. Thanks!

Skylar
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
I'm sure it would sound fine.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
you can run it using the 4 cable method and have some presets where you just use your 5150 with the pod's effects. but then have other presets where you disable the preamp of the 5150 and use an amp model from the pod instead.

i think that would be a good option for you. you could use your 5150 for a heavy part, switch to a preset where you are using a fender twin to play a clean part, then a marshall for a crunchy part, then back to your good ole 5150 for another heavy part.

if you get the pod and decide you want to do what im suggesting but cant make it work, come ask us in the dsp thread
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
you can run it using the 4 cable method and have some presets where you just use your 5150 with the pod's effects. but then have other presets where you disable the preamp of the 5150 and use an amp model from the pod instead.

i think that would be a good option for you. you could use your 5150 for a heavy part, switch to a preset where you are using a fender twin to play a clean part, then a marshall for a crunchy part, then back to your good ole 5150 for another heavy part.

if you get the pod and decide you want to do what im suggesting but cant make it work, come ask us in the dsp thread

Thank you so much for the help! Very detailed and articulate. Thank you very much. That is exactly how I plan to use it to because, as we all know, the 5150 isn't exactly known for clean tones. Thanks!
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/