Page 1 of 2
The Wylde wah is great, you crazy brah.

Also, not sure if serious June 11'er...
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
The Wylde wah is great, you crazy brah.

Its just wasn't my thing. I prefered the Dimebag wah
Of the ones I've tried, probably the Metal Zone. I hate it.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Boss ML-2, out of pedals I've actually tried. ^ The MT-2 isn't terribly bad... it just takes days to dial in. It's a frickin beast when modded though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by GibsonMan321

I'm a 10er

get it? Tenor

on topic, I tried a DS-1 once on the guitar center pillar-o-boss and I could barely turn and knobs past 9 o'clock before the volume hurt my ears.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Slash_fanboy
Boss DS-1
Mod that mofer
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Much that it seems surprising, the Digitech Distortion Factory. It's model of the MT2 succeeds, in that it sounds worse than the original is.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 26, 2011,
a broken Big Muff that the music store dude said wasnt broken...
that or the ds-1 cuz a guy in my band class has one and turns all the knobs as far right as they go, thru a marshall mg30 and says its professional tone.
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
An ibanez LA metal pedal....ugh terrible...thankfully you can mod it to Rat specs in about 5 minutes
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
MXR DD-11

Worst distortion I have ever heard in my life.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Quote by ragingkitty
Much that it seems surprising, the Digitech Distortion Factory. It's model of the MT2 succeeds in it sound worse than the original is.

This so many times.

The DF7 is like a box of boxes of bees in a box. And that box is in an ambulance being driven through a minefield.
Digitech Hot rod distortion
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
probably this boss octave pedal, only had 3 settings and one of them was an awful sounding overdrive and it could only work with one string at a time
I hate my boss ds-1. I never use it. Though, I personally hate ring modulators also..
Line6 Uber Metal.
Boss DS-1.
Boss CS-3 was pretty rubbish too.

Also, while I wouldn't call them bad, I've never tried a Fulltone pedal that I liked the sound of.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by Offworld92
Boss ML-2, out of pedals I've actually tried. ^ The MT-2 isn't terribly bad... it just takes days to dial in. It's a frickin beast when modded though.

The ml-2 basically is the mt-2 with more low end and no midrange control.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Jun 26, 2011,
Electro-harmonix screaming bird - if you try one you'll know exactly what i mean

but i can find a use for just about anything. so i've gigged with a screaming bird on my pedalboard a couple of times...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Danelectro Fab Tone Distortion (the old, big cast aluminum body pedal). There was absolutely ZERO low end whatsoever. Pure harsh, hornet's nest tone.

I honestly don't know why the Boss MT-2 gets so much hate. It's not going to sound like a high-gain tube amp, but can help a SS amp get a good metal tone. I survived on one for years. I wouldn't go back to it though...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
The worst mfx I have ever heard is probably the ME-20. The distortions sounded horrible and it just sounded fuzzy(no offense to any me20 users out there).
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Red Witch Empress Chorus. Hands down. The bucket-brigade design makes for the noisiest pedal I've ever had the misfortune to have in my chain. The sound it imparted did not make up for the unbelievable additional noise.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Ha ha ha a livingstone Distortion pedal that I got for free lol. It was a gift from my wife who doesn't know much about guitar. It worked only if you had the volume+gain on the pedal all the way up to max and the volume on the amp all the way up to the max and then when you came off of the pedal the clean channel was super loud ha ha.
Quote by KailM
I honestly don't know why the Boss MT-2 gets so much hate. It's not going to sound like a high-gain tube amp, but can help a SS amp get a good metal tone. I survived on one for years. I wouldn't go back to it though...

Well, I hate it because it's the worst distortion pedal I've tried to this day. I don't expect it to sound like a high-gain tube amp. I don't even expect it to sound decent and it still disappoints me. Played one yesterday, actually.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Ds-1
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Some grey plastic distortion that I got a few months after I started learning. Although at the time I thought it was great, then I thought it had died on me so a friend repaired it. In the meantime I checked out a couple of other distortions and when I got the grey thing back I realised I had wasted both £20 and three hours of my friend's life.

People keep dissng the DS-1 but I've kind of got a soft spot for them. Although I would only use a modded one these days... The DS-2 I have is.... okay for what it is, although I have grown bored with the aspect of stupid amounts of gain and distortion.

This week, at least.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
This yamaha multieffect pedal I used to have. A friend of mine had it before me and he hooked it up to his computer and did all the setting on the presets and he made them all sound absolute crap. Not a useable setting on the whole thing.
Quote by Dr.Tong
that or the ds-1 cuz a guy in my band class has one and turns all the knobs as far right as they go, thru a marshall mg30 and says its professional tone.

Then why are you giving it so much hate. Clearly if the tone knobs rolled all the way to the right through a fizzy amp then it is going to sound like crap.

Danelectro FAB flange- makes your speaker sound like a tin can.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Behringer Uber Metal

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Quote by Dr.Tong
a broken Big Muff that the music store dude said wasnt broken...

anything in the mg series is so bad it might as well be built out of shit.

On topic, the Boss DS 1 is awful.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by I'mOnAPlain
Then why are you giving it so much hate. Clearly if the tone knobs rolled all the way to the right through a fizzy amp then it is going to sound like crap.

this.

i honestly think a lot of people hating on the DS-1 just don't know how to use it properly, or have only heard people using them in a noobish way rather than actually used one, and that is a shining example of that sort of thing - DS-1, knobs cranked? of course that's gonna sound horrible. he probably had the amp controls set in a similar manner, too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by Blompcube
this.

i honestly think a lot of people hating on the DS-1 just don't know how to use it properly, or have only heard people using them in a noobish way rather than actually used one, and that is a shining example of that sort of thing - DS-1, knobs cranked? of course that's gonna sound horrible. he probably had the amp controls set in a similar manner, too.

I've got a DS-1 in my GP-8 which I've owned since they first came out. I know how to use it - it's crap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Exus Mag Flux Road.... I just couldn't get the tone I wanted out of it, I sold it after like 20 minutes!
Quote by Cathbard
I've got a DS-1 in my GP-8 which I've owned since they first came out. I know how to use it - it's crap.

you know how to use it properly but don't like any of the tones you can get out of it. i could say the same thing about dual rectifiers - doesn't mean they are crap, though.

MXR's Dimebag distortion. Why you would ever want that tone is beyond me.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Page 1 of 2