Hello all,
First I know I can google this but I wanted to ask you folks. If you exercise a good 30 minutes and eat right, how long before you started to notice weight loss? I'm 5'11-6'0 and weigh 190. I just have some stomach fat but even them people can't notice and even the doctor has told me I'm fine at my current weight.

I, however, wish to reduce my weight to 170. Long story short, what did you guys do to lose your weight? I'm just trying to change myself and commit to help myself and body become healthier.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jun 25, 2011,
I just started eating less. Then when I got to a normal weight, I started eating normally. I lost about 15 pounds in 3 or 4 weeks. 10 of those pounds were in one week. I wouldn't recommend this method to others, though.
Well, I just went gluten-free this past Fall Semester of school, and I dropped 25 lbs. without exercising in about 2.5 months. Of course, I stopped the diet and gained most of it back.

It is going to be failure to try something for a short bit, you have to make a lifestyle change. And with a lifestyle change, it doesn't matter how fast, because you'll be living that way for your life. so it'll come.

Don't aim for speed (of weight loss), aim for health.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
A couple years ago when I went on one of my few month benders and I somehow got up to 210. It was a combo of gross amounts of Early Times and Taco Bell. I got back in the gym shortly after and lost 30lbs. However, these days I have struck a pretty good balance between time in the gym and drinking.
if you drink soda, stop. that alone will make you lose quite abit weight, at least it did for me (until i started again XD)
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
It all depends on how self-conscious you are of yourself really. If you look at yourself as overweight (not saying that you are), then odds are you're still going to look at yourself as overweight even after losing 20 pounds, it's just human nature.

The best way really is to take your measurements (chest, hip, waist) once a week and compare results.
I lost over 15lbs in about a week for no apparent reason.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by The Madcap
I just started eating less. Then when I got to a normal weight, I started eating normally. I lost about 15 pounds in 3 or 4 weeks. 10 of those pounds were in one week. I wouldn't recommend this method to others, though.

Yup that's it for me. No exercise at all. I just stopped eating as much. I lost 8 pant sizes in about 10 months this past year. Now I just started a small workout routine to acquire DEMGAINZ and my progress is going pretty well I'd say.

Errbody mirin'
██░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓██
▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█████▒██▓▓
█▓▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓██▒▒▒██▓▓
██▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓▒▓▒██
▓█▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓░▒▒▓▓██
▓▓▓▒██▓▓▓▓▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓
Quote by blake1221
Join a wrestling program. You'll lose 20 pounds in a week.

and get to grope sweaty men
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by SiKh22
Hello all,
First I know I can google this but I wanted to ask you folks. If you exercise a good 30 minutes and eat right, how long before you started to notice weight loss? I'm 5'11-6'0 and weigh 190. I just have some stomach fat but even them people can't notice and even the doctor has told me I'm fine at my current weight.

I, however, wish to reduce my weight to 170. Long story short, what did you guys do to lose your weight? I'm just trying to change myself and commit to help myself and body become healthier.

2 months ago i was 94 kilos. Cutting out junk and the like cut that down to about 91 alone. Changing my diet to the paleo diet has so far brought me down to 85 and i feel healthier and fitter for it.

Also agree with the guy who said do wrestling, it will help no end.
I started being slightly more healthy and eating slightly better about a month ago, and I'm already down 15 or 20 lbs. Weight loss really isn't hard, if you're doing exercise 30 minutes a day and eating little to no junk food, then you should see rapid loss in the first few weeks. Eventually you'll plateau and have to work harder to lose more, but you can easily lose anywhere from 10 to 40 lbs without doing a whole lot (that number depending on your body weight obviously).
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 25, 2011,
I lost about 100 pounds in a matter of a year or so, drink water, don't eat fast food, RUN. RUN. RUN.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by MattAnderson111
I lost about 100 pounds in a matter of a year or so, drink water, don't eat fast food, RUN. RUN. RUN.
This too, so much. Drink like 8 glasses of water everyday, and try not to drink juice. It's better if you eat the actual fruit, for the fibre and such.
Even though I'm not an overeating obese fúck (used to be when I was younger which has resulted in a belly, man boobies, ass fat and other fun stuff), I weigh around 100 kilograms (220 pounds for all you yanks) for my 185 centimetre (yankee doodles, that's 6 feet). I drink looooads of water every day, and don't stuff my face with greasy fast food. Ever. Last week, I started putting a teaspoon of cider vinegar into my water. Ever since I've dropped from 100 kilograms to around 95 kilograms. That's 11 pounds, hater. Though I know it's bound to fluctuate like a mofo. My fat is unshedable though..
Last edited by Saintsatan at Jun 25, 2011,
damn i'm the same height as you but 145.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Diet is the most important aspect of weight loss/gain. If you master your diet you will have no problem losing weight. Exercise is important but secondary.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
^ Dieting is key to looking better and having more energy. But only exercise will truly make you feel healthier (stronger, better cardio, etc.)

I get your point though. If you don't really want to be able to run 5 miles and just want to be skinnier for the women, then just eat less, eat better and do a little bit more exercise on the side.
You will probably start noticing within a few weeks.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Pat_s1t
^ Dieting is key to looking better and having more energy. But only exercise will truly make you feel healthier (stronger, better cardio, etc.)

I get your point though. If you don't really want to be able to run 5 miles and just want to be skinnier for the women, then just eat less, eat better and do a little bit more exercise on the side.

Oh yeah definitely I don't think you should ignore exercise, I just got the impression from the OP that he was uneducated(not trying to insult you OP, most people are) and he thought that if he ran a few times a week and not change his diet he would be losing weight.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Eric_Fail
Oh yeah definitely I don't think you should ignore exercise, I just got the impression from the OP that he was uneducated(not trying to insult you OP, most people are) and he thought that if he ran a few times a week and not change his diet he would be losing weight.

I'm not idiot! I've been on a diet for 2 months, because I'm already a vegetarian, the only thing left to cut out was the junk food I ate to fill me up because sometimes vegies aren't up to the task. I've also started to exercise for 30-40 minutes of cardio 4 times a week, and have been doing this for 2 weeks. Not trying to look good for anyone expect make myself happy that I've committed and trying to permanently change my lifestyle. The biggest key being, adding exercise into my daily routine of things, before going to school or after, just making sure I work out to keep myself in a healthy condition. I will say one thing, Oranges and Strawberries are very tasty if you pick out the right ones from the supermarket.
LOL
Quote by fearofthemark
damn i'm the same height as you but 145.

lol

Im the same height and 130
pinga
Quote by SiKh22
Hello all,

I don't exercise and I lose weight by sleeping. I am not joking or being sarcastic.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Fast metabolism doesn't allow me to gain any more weight.
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27
Fast metabolism doesn't allow me to gain any more weight.

Can't say it's working out positively for me.
I just like you dude, I'm 180something and 5'11" and have just some belly fat...I've dropped some weight since high school by not eating as much, but what helps the most is just doing physical labor. If that means working out or what just anything helps.
I can't stand fast metabolism. I have a fried who is 6'0'' and weighs 220, he's a football player. Im the same height and im at 130. No matter how much I eat, it seems I just lose the weight the next day and the cycle continues
pinga
^ And people like me can't stand a slow metabolism, and wish they could have a fast one to lose weight easily. Of course I think that having a fast metabolism would be easy and awesome, but I know it isn't. I think we ought to all really be jealous of the people that can go either way easily, and more or less just stay at a decent weight.
Also, there was this girl a few years ahead of me in HS that had a weight problem. When she went to uni, she developed a terrible coke problem, and lost a LOT of weight.

So coke helps.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
^ When I first read that, I thought "Wouldn't drinking lots of Coke make your weight worse?" Then realized you were talking about cocaine

But yeah, most drugs seem to do that, don't know why. I know at least three people that were overweight until about 15 or 16, began doing boatloads of weed and occasionally LSD and whatnot, and became a pretty decent weight in less than a year. How does that work?
If you want to lose weight, I suggest just eat better. Some easy stuff is to stop drinking sodas, and to replace one of your current snacks with like, an apple or something. And then maybe run a little.

Just don't starve yourself. It'll make you feel like shit until you get tired of it and then you binge on everything and gain like 10 pounds.
Get sick. Ive lost 3kg's in 4 days because i cant eat or keep anything down.
Amphetamines can stop the hunger of a beast, and his friend.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Since sophomore year or so in high school (3 years ago, now) I have lost close to 40 pounds without doing much of anything..

I used to weigh somewhere around 250-260-ish, and now I weigh just barely 215. 2x shirts used to be tight, as did 40-30 jeans/shorts.. Now an XL shirt is nice and comfortable and I've slimmed to 34-30 for pants. Feelsgoodman.jpg
I stopped eating so much. I've lost 5 fucking kilograms in 5 days. It was hard at first, but I'm used to it now. I can still eat a fuckton if I wanted to, though.
I recently started running, mostly to improve my heart and possibly decrease the frequency of migraines I have. I jog for ~15 mins then do 3-4 100m sprints and I started eating less. I assume this should be sufficient to also lose some fat. I've only been doing this for 1.5 weeks, so I don't see any result in the fat department, but I've been feeling a lot better, so I'm happy.
Quote by Pat_s1t
^ And people like me can't stand a slow metabolism, and wish they could have a fast one to lose weight easily. Of course I think that having a fast metabolism would be easy and awesome, but I know it isn't. I think we ought to all really be jealous of the people that can go either way easily, and more or less just stay at a decent weight.

I've got to say, having a fast metabolism is pretty much easy and awesome, at least for me.

Doesn't mean I don't have a little too much weight (I've stopped exercising completely after being run over. I'm 185cm and weigh 80 or so).

OP: Really, I'd suggest a healthy diet and exercise regardless of losing weight (yeah, I'm one to talk). Also, regular sleep patterns are really important, and don't eat several hours before bed.
Last edited by jimmyled at Jun 26, 2011,