Hello, Everyone

I have a high appreciation for fuzzed-out, heavy as ****, Stoner/Sludge/Doom metal music. I play guitar and it's my favorite style of music to play but, I am unsatisfied with my current amp/tone. I want to start a band soon and I only have a 35 watt, Solid-State, Orange amp and it obviously won't do what I need it to do for gigs. I also have the amazing pedal known as the "Boss Hyper-Fuzz FZ2" and it is just great. It can easily give me the Electric Wizard tone I am going for but, the amp can't handle it. I do not believe it is my guitar or pickups because I have DiMarzio Super-Distortion Pick-Ups.

So what I am asking here is, where can a good, cheap, and reliable bass-tube amp (or a guitar amp)? I need a bass-tube amp to get the tone I desire for Stoner/Sludge/Doom Metal. I would prefer it to be $400 or less and to be able to play a gig or a semi-large venue. Probably around 30-50 watts for a tube amp I am guessing.

Please help.
You're not going to find anything more than around 5 watts tube for a decent tube amp for that price.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
how about a crate v - 18? its all tube, would it be louder than my 35w solid state?
GC will be having a sale over the 4th bringing the price of a Randall Diavlo down to around $425 for the head, or else boost a Bugera 1990 head. Some bands had used boosted JCM 800s with downtuned guitars.

Valveking Combo at sale also
Peavey Windsor head on sale should be 325 around the 4th.
Bugera V22 or Jet City Amps JCA20.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Ippon

lol searching for head
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

How about an SS bass amp? Just a suggestion don't shoot me.

I have a Fender Rumble 25 bass amp and I like what my guitar with the FX pedals sound through it. Certainly handle the bottom end very well.

Of course a tube amp will sound better as I have one. Never tried a tube bass amp though. Hell, I probably would love it.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
I've seen used Orange Tiny Terrors in the $400–$500 range. Combine that with a used cabinet and you'll have something for small shows that can be miced up for bigger ones.
I don't think the TT will handle what he is after.

BlackStart HT 20? Good cleans with nice dirt channel.
The AOR's kick the crap out of both the TT and HT20 in my experience. The bass boost is almost depthy enough for bass guitar, which puts off some people who find it a bit much. They also stock much better cleans than people tend to give them credit for.

For Stoner/Doom, I think the TT comes at a close second with it's raunchy/fuzzy overdrive tones.

~$0.02
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by R45VT
I don't think the TT will handle what he is after.

BlackStart HT 20? Good cleans with nice dirt channel.

lol?

Stoner/doom bands all mostly use weird vintage amps no ones heard of, like the Sovtek MIG, Laney AORs, anything made by sunn or ampeg.

Most of its pretty cheap on ebay.

Not forgeting the more expensive orange, matamp, electric amps...

You just need something warm, british sounding, fat and loud. Some obsecure valve bass amp off ebay and a fuzz would probably do it.
used peavey xxx or ultra
used peavey 5150 possibly

He dosnt want an amp to get the tone he has a great pedal for it lol.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Jun 27, 2011,
i say go for a Orange TT. i have a DT, and i love it and it gets heavier than hell, throw a little bit of boost in there, and it will burn the house down.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/