Quote by Duv
Some of your bends aren't quite there, a little flat.

Also working on some vibrato would give it a lot more character. Less mechanical.

That's basically it.

Try to sort of 'lean in' to your bends more- bend slower up to the target note, and do a similar thing with your vibrato.

It was alright, you just need to sniff up a kilogram of metaphorical meth and really play it like you feel it.
Thanks Duv!

Can you tell me which ones were a little flat? This would be great so I can listen more carefully to the pitch. Because I am an amateur, I really need to work on my string bending so that I can advance to the next stage.
Quote by SideshowBob180
That's basically it.

Try to sort of 'lean in' to your bends more- bend slower up to the target note, and do a similar thing with your vibrato.

It was alright, you just need to sniff up a kilogram of metaphorical meth and really play it like you feel it.

Yeah thanks. I like that lean in advice. Never thought of that before.

About the feelings, I really wasn't putting any effort into it. I was making sure I got the pitch and timing right because that was my 2nd time attempting the song.
The bends that aren't quite there are sort of obvious, they sound dissonant to the rest of the solo.

It can sometimes be hard to hear this when you're playing but on the recording it's clear.

Another thing that I've been working on myself, which becomes very apparent on recordings and is good advice to everyone, is working on smoothness and dynamics. Making the notes sound liquid. It's essentially working on good legato.

Pair that with a good vibrato and you're sorted.

As for 'playing with feeling' that comes from how you play the notes, and not how you look, how many blues gurns you do or anything like that. Just work on the techniques and it will sound more musical. Then you can practice a blues face if you want.

Time for us all to practice!
Last edited by Duv at Jun 26, 2011,