What do people think of this guitar. I've been playing a Schecter Tempest but I'm considering getting one of these. Opinions.
I had an LP studio for a few years. It was my first and only. You can do better. Studios aren't bad guitars but for the money you can do WAY better. Ridiculously better. A completely new level better. Gibson guitars are overpriced and the quality control has been going down.
i played a silverburst studio once at GC through a 6505+

i A/B'd it against an esp standard eclipse.

i felt as though the eclipse was a tad more comfotable, but the gibson sounded just a tad bit better.
the eclipse looks better but the studio has coil tappingthats what i took from it.
the studio is also chanbered while the eclipse is really thin the ESP eclipse has a bit better fret axcess too.

if your pllaying metal/ hard rock i say save up a bit more for an ESP ecipse or save some money and get the LTD EC-1000. both are great les paul styled guitars but mainly oriented towards hard rock/metal
What genres do you play? What do you like about it? Gotta give more details so we know what exact topics youre looking to get opinions on. All we can really tell you is if we like it or not, not if its best for you.
I absolutely love mine. I played three of them the other two didn't really fell so great, but the one I got is great
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
It's a Gibson Studio. It's going to be 'alright'. The fact that it's got a silver burst finish means nothing in terms of the quality or sound.

Like any Gibson you gotta just go and play it and see how you like it. You can't gess these things, Gibson quality and feel and tone is all over the place.
I'd prefer a high-end epiphone to a gibson les paul studio. The studio your paying mainly for the headstock.
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I'd prefer a high-end epiphone to a gibson les paul studio. The studio your paying mainly for the headstock.

Regurgitated bull shit that you have read on this forum a hundred times. Epis have maple veneer instead of a solid maple top cap, use cheaper electronics, and are made in China.

Don't get me wrong, Epis are nice guitars and I wouldn't be ashamed to own one (I played a Fender Squire and I still play an Ibanez something or another both made in Indonesia), but an Epi is not a Gibson. You get what you pay for.
Quote by RockGuitarist09
What a bunch of crap..

Some of the best sounding guitars I've ever heard have been Gibson Les Paul studios.