The girl/guy has to be [insert religion] for me to get on that
11 5%
Atheist girls is what dis niga likes
56 26%
Other
21 10%
Voters: 214.
Page 1 of 4
Since the Pit is filled with atheists, I thought I'd get interesting feedback.

Basically, what do you guys think about dating someone without the same religious beliefs as you? Do you oppose it? To what extent will you tolerate different religious beliefs? What are your experiences with religion and relationships?

I personally am just totally indifferent to god or religion or anything of those things, and I don't define myself as anything. I have dated 2 girls who weren't religious, and the rest were Christian. Obviously with the 2 girls who weren't religious it wasn't a problem. Things never got serious with the christian girls, but they did ask me what my religious beliefs were, and I always dread when that conversation comes up, as I basically know whatever I say will disappoint them unless I lie (which I try not to do).

A person I work with had a serious relationship with a muslim girl, and things probably would have worked out fine, but her family hated the fact that he wasn't muslim.

My stance is that I don't care what the girl's beliefs are, since it's impossible to meet someone with opinions 100% identical to yours. But I am more hesitant to date a girl who is muslim or hindu, as opposed to christian. It seems like christians usually aren't very devout at all in the U.S.
I'd be fine with any religion until she starts trying to convert me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I've thought about it recently with one girl I met, but in the end I decided that it would just not work out with someone who actually believes in a Biblical Rapture.
I've never been with a girl who wasn't an atheist, so I dunno. One or two of my friends are "Christians". And by that I mean, they wear crosses on necklaces and pull the "no sex before marriage" card when and where it suits them.
One of my ex's was obsessed with pagan rituals and wiccan shit which...is kinda a bit more cool than mainstream religion...but she just pissed me off with it.
Atheist girls is what dis niga likes, but I haven't met a girl I would want to be in a long term relationship with anyway, religious or otherwise, so it's a null point

If I just want to get her bucked though, I couldn't give less of a shit what magical creature she believes in
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at Jun 25, 2011,
I've dated Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, and a Buddhist. It honestly isn't that important.

I'm an Atheist, myself.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Different beliefs than me!? Crucify them, I'm clearly superior!!![/sarcasm]
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by CPDmusic
Different beliefs than me!? Crucify them, I'm clearly superior!!![/sarcasm]

/religion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
As long as her religion doesn't make her believe stupid bullshit, like that gay people are evil, and as long as she's not super religious, I don't care. I would only date atheist chicks, but they're hard to come by.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by ryan_nadon
/religion.

Touché.

Well played, Ryan, well played...

Quote by due 07
lol u try to get sig'd

I am NOT a try-hard

But seriously, no, that was just a comment...

My girl is more religious than I.

I would never really say I'm agnostic around her, but basically I am. Its cool though, she supports abortion, premarital sex (if she didn't this relationship would have never started lol), and gay marriage, and is the nicest person I've ever met. It doesn't affect anything much, oh except sometimes she says things like "It's God's way of showing...". Which sometimes I want to say "How do you know that?", but I don't because I respect her beliefs and there's no point in giving her shit about it or starting an argument. She's really open to other religions and stuff, she's just Christian and so is her family.

Really though, I need a girl who is still into religion and innocent. I'm so negative and jaded, I need a girl who is innocent, naive, and bubbly to balance me out. Can't have two pseudo-intellectual, agnostic, philosophy majors in a relationship.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Dating someone with an imaginary friend would make me feel like a pedophile.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles

Quote by SkepsisMetal
I've never been with a girl who wasn't an atheist, so I dunno. One or two of my friends are "Christians". And by that I mean, they wear crosses on necklaces and pull the "no sex before marriage" card when and where it suits them...
So you really have no Christian friends?
Quote by TSmitty6
My girl is more religious than I...I would never really say I'm agnostic around her, but basically I am. Its cool though, she supports abortion, premarital sex (if she didn't this relationship would have never started lol), and gay marriage, and is the nicest person I've ever met. It doesn't affect anything much, oh except sometimes she says things like "It's God's way of showing...". Which sometimes I want to say "How do you know that?", but I don't because I respect her beliefs and there's no point in giving her shit about it or starting an argument. She's really open to other religions and stuff, she's just Christian and so is her family.
Um, NO!
Quote by TSmitty6
Can't have two pseudo-intellectual, agnostic, philosophy majors in a relationship.
Why not?
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by Das_Skittles

Beautifully played.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by AllJudasPriest
So you really have no Christian friends?Um, NO!Why not?

Uh-oh, the Pope just walked in, guys! Are you going to tell us more about who is a real Christian and who is not?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by AllJudasPriest
Um, NO!

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by AllJudasPriest
So you really have no Christian friends?Um, NO!Why not?

i really want to. but i promised i wouldn't.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by zippidyduda
Uh-oh, the Pope just walked in, guys!
The Pope is the last person you should ever take advice from.
Quote by zippidyduda
Are you going to tell us more about who is a real Christian and who is not?
If you want me to.
Quote by theogonia777
i really want to. but i promised i wouldn't.
Go ahead...
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Quote by AllJudasPriest
The Pope is the last person you should ever take advice from.

If you want me to.

No, you are.

And who gave you the authority to dictate who is and is not a Christian, or what opinions they're allowed to hold? Go be a self righteous piece of shit somewhere else.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Religious beliefs don't matter to me. I consider myself a Catholic but I really don't believe in churches and I've never read the bible. That's just my opinion though.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by Das_Skittles
And who gave you the authority to dictate who is and is not a Christian, or what opinions they're allowed to hold?
No one.

Christian: n:
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Political allegiance is more of a detractant to me than religious view (and I'm talking moderates, no zealots allowed on thewho65). Even that I can get over, it just irks me a bit more immediately.
Quote by The Madcap
It seems like christians usually aren't very devout at all in the U.S.

As true as that statement is, that kind of hurt.

Relationships like that could work, but someone has to compromise. It's the truth. It doesn't matter who does it. It doesn't matter what religion (or lack of) the persons in question are, one has to compromise while the other keeps a part of their beliefs.

In short: The one who compromises will eventually be miserable, and I would suspect that would lead to the downfall of the relationship.
Quote by AllJudasPriest
No one.

The teachings of Jesus Christ have led to literally thousands of different interpretations of some pretty vague readings. I could name at least 20 different major denominations of Christianity off the top of my head, each with a very different interpretation of Jesus's teachings. Theologians, world leaders, and incredibly intelligent people have debated these different interpretations for literally thousands of years, and have never reached a consensus on what half of Jesus's "teachings" actually were.

But I suppose you are smarter than all that, and you've managed to figure it out yourself
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by zippidyduda
The teachings of Jesus Christ have led to literally thousands of different interpretations of some pretty vague readings. I could name at least 20 different major denominations of Christianity off the top of my head, each with a very different interpretation of Jesus's teachings. Theologians, world leaders, and incredibly intelligent people have debated these different interpretations for literally thousands of years, and have never reached a consensus on what half of Jesus's "teachings" actually were.
Interpretations are meaningless, only the real thing matters. But, actually, they have.
Quote by zippidyduda
But I suppose you are smarter than all that, and you've managed to figure it out yourself
I don't consider myself 'that smart'.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Quote by AllJudasPriest
No one.

Holy shit! An entire religion's ideology can be found in the dictionary! If you knew anything about the protestant reform, you would realize people can do whatever the fuck they want and call themselves Christian.
Quote by zippidyduda

There's not THAT many interpretations out there. It's actually quite simple. Interpret it literally with what Greek text's give us. All these other interpretations come from Allegorical method's which leave scripture vague and misleading.
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Interpretations are meaningless, only the real thing matters. But, actually, they have.I don't consider myself 'that smart'.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to a brick wall.

Quote by man_suits
There's not THAT many interpretations out there. It's actually quite simple. Interpret it literally with what Greek text's give us. All these other interpretations come from Allegorical method's which leave scripture vague and misleading.

You'd be surprised, mate. I feel like every person I've ever talked to has a slightly different view on what Christian ideals entail, and almost every one of them thinks theirs is the correct one. It isn't so difficult to believe.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Last edited by zippidyduda at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Go ahead...

lol nah. you're just gonna get mad at me again.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by man_suits

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by man_suits
I would advise sticking much closer to the Aramaic Gospels as opposed to the Greek/Latin New Testament. Not that Acts-Revelations is bad, not at all, but because the Gospels are much clearer because they are about those teachings solely.
Quote by zippidyduda
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to a brick wall.
I didn't realize you were speaking at all.
Quote by theogonia777
lol nah. you're just gonna get mad at me again.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by ryan_nadon
I'd be fine with any religion until she starts trying to convert me.

This.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by man_suits

Have fun taking a poorly written, inconsistent, two thousand year old anthology literally as the instruction manual for your life.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Of course I prefer Atheist girls, but that is just natural since it matches my beliefs. But my ex was a "go to youthgroup every week" kind of Christian and it wasn't an issue at all. She had her beliefs, and I had mine, it wasn't a topic of discussion.

I was still shocked when she said she is 100% certain there is no life outside Earth because the Bible made no mention of it.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
From the poll results, I can say the Pit is pretty tolerant of others.
Good for you guys.

I personally don't care about beliefs as long as they don't interrupt my schedule.
I once dated a Christian girl with an extremely religious Ecuadorian father.
She went to church every Sunday with her father. When we started dating, it became less frequent for her. I didn't do anything with her on Sundays because I hoped she went to church. It was the only father-daughter time she got (her parents were separated).
I didn't really care about the religion. The relationship still worked.
Page 1 of 4