Page 1 of 3
so many of us thati think there sshould be a thread, sort of like an online chink bat signal

oh, also i made this thread to ask what this song is called and wtf he's actually singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDy4VrxHoAY

i've been speaking mando all my life and everyday with my parents but i still dont understand, and i failed at learning read/ write ;_;

eedit: i am taiwanese (han chinese) btw
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Jun 25, 2011,
I studied Mandarin for 6 years and I can't order from a menu.

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

i'm actually chinese and i cant read/ write anything, and i've failed math every year of high school except first year

i'm sure there's a death sentence in china for people like me
TS are you sure you're chinese?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I'm Chinese and I can't read or write either (but I'm good at math).
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Do I have a removed twin I don't know about? My parents are Hong Kong Chinese but I was Canadian-born. I can't speak, read or write Chinese either. Heck, I don't even know what Mandarin speaking people are saying. Iknowthatfeelbro.
Last edited by guitaristren at Jun 25, 2011,
I'm Chinese, born in China, moved to Australia about 12 years ago. I can understand most mandarin but I can barely read or write anymore. Doesn't help that I speak English with mum and I barely speak to my dad.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I'm not Chinese but I lived with a guy from China for two months and he refused to take a shower, he would only wash himself using the sink. That is all.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Eric_Fail
I'm not Chinese but I lived with a guy from China for two months and he refused to take a shower, he would only wash himself using the sink. That is all.

He's probably afraid that you'd kick down the door and scream at him about the pizza.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I still don't understand how TS is bad at math
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by fearofthemark
He's probably afraid that you'd kick down the door and scream at him about the pizza.

Probably not.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I'm half Chinese with some German and Scottish in me.
My dad knows Sinhalese, some Korean, German, and Tamil.
My mom knows Cantonese.

Neither of them bother to teach me any language besides English.
Their solution to this was to stick me in Chinese school during 3rd grade where the teacher was really mean and I didn't learn to speak it.

At least you guys know more than one language that your parents probably taught you.
i can taalk mandarin and understand like at least 75 percent

i just went out job hunting, and you know my citys really asian so we have this 100 percent asian mall, and saw somewhere that was hiring (i was only stopping by for ice milk tea at first)

we spoke english at first then

"ni ze dao zhong wen mah?"

"ahhh... wo de zhong wen... bu tai hao..."

"do you speak cantonese then?"

".... ;_; "
Goddamn Mongorians!
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I'm just curious to know if its ok for a Chinese person or any asian person to say chink. I say it and my friend from Russia/Bangladesh says it.

Apparently, only black people can say the "n" word (don't know if the Internet is safe). Go figure.
i'm not Chinese, but i've always been interested in Chinese cultures (East Asian in general), particularly music. i'd love to play guqin or some sort of East Asian fiddle, such as erhu or morin khuur.

i also have always been interested in a career writing fortunes for fortune cookies.

Quote by fortune cookie
Confucius say buy more fortune cookie!

Quote by fortune cookie
Confucius say you gonna get raped!

Quote by fortune cookie
Confucius say live hardcore radikult!

what do you guys think of those?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
who cares

but some chinese people have bad temper and have lots of friends/ family

seriously, i've seen chinese people call up like 20 guys just because one person pushes/ looks/ insults him lol, small guy big ego good phone company complex
Tell me about it.
I really hate seeing them in their silver Toyota Corollas. They all have one.
Seeing the asian cliques makes me happy I hang out with mostly white people.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I'm half Chinese with some German and Scottish in me.
My dad knows Sinhalese, some Korean, German, and Tamil.
My mom knows Cantonese.

Neither of them bother to teach me any language besides English.
Their solution to this was to stick me in Chinese school during 3rd grade where the teacher was really mean and I didn't learn to speak it.

At least you guys know more than one language that your parents probably taught you.

Bro your parents can't really 'teach' you a language. It's something you gotta work at yourself. The most they would be able to do is help.
I'm Chinese, but since my GCSE-equivalent I've not touched Mandarin at all.

That was 2 years ago. I still can read, speak and listen pretty well. But I can't write for nuts. Haven't tried it since my examination, but if I didn't write well when I was busting my ass off learning it, I don't see why I would fare better after 2 years of actively avoiding any contact with the language.

I can't speak Cantonese or understand it at all, but I can speak a hybrid of 2 other dialects.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
The song in the OP is truly fucking terrible

okay uuuh you're bad

reminds me, any of you chinese who can actually chinese what is going on witth this song

i really like this ho xiang guy anyways, i think he's better than jchou
Quote by piratemetalhead
okay uuuh you're bad

reminds me, any of you chinese who can actually chinese what is going on witth this song

i really like this ho xiang guy anyways, i think he's better than jchou

How many Chinese could a Chinese Chinese if a Chinese could Chinese?
My dad wants me to learn mandarin by myself this summer so I can converse better with people here

wat

I mean I'd really like to learn it
but BY MYSELF
THIS SUMMER
I only know like 5 words or something
cat
Quote by theogonia777
i'm not Chinese, but i've always been interested in Chinese cultures (East Asian in general), particularly music. i'd love to play guqin or some sort of East Asian fiddle, such as erhu or morin khuur.

i also have always been interested in a career writing fortunes for fortune cookies.

what do you guys think of those?

Confucius say: Man who sticks penis in peanut butter is ****ing nuts.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by blackflag49
I only hang out with Aryans and the rest of my Chinese family calls me a banana

yellow on the outside, lighter yellow on the inside?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I'm jealous of asians because they can pull off stylish clothing moreso than white people, yet get the benefits of being not black.

Best of both worlds
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
My nickname's Chinky T I have abnormally tiny eyes.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

im not chinese but i'd like to learn some mandarin or cantonese. people think i look chinese, only from the front tho, thats why i always look to the side when i have my picture taken
Soy un perdedor.

Sans.
The song is called Likelihood. By After the string.
According to google translate.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
my parents told me that his (stage) name meant "queen string" and that the title was just meaningless gibberish, but likelihood sounds fitting

i was never really into chinese pop before, but this girl is so cutehot ... fob girl phase again x_x (terrible quality rip though)

i want to be her uuh, secksay boi
Page 1 of 3