I'm really looking into trying to get shows and gigs for solo acoustic work. I am only 17 and I just learned this song today. I decided to record it and ask that yall give an honest opinion if I am on to a good start and If this is good enough to play live. (Remeber I just learned it today!) Thanks guys!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10788390
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Your vocals went flat quite a bit. And at the chorus you just sounded flat out monotone.

The guitar sounded pretty good though.

So, I would say a good start, but work on your vocals. You seem almost...disinterested in them.
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
Ok, Thanks. I guess I just need to practice this song more!
Guitars
Squire Strat
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Quote by ned216
Your vocals went flat quite a bit. And at the chorus you just sounded flat out monotone.

The guitar sounded pretty good though.

So, I would say a good start, but work on your vocals. You seem almost...disinterested in them.

O also I forgot to ask. So you would say my main problem is my ear. I can't stay on pitch. What would you recommend to help this problem?
Guitars
Squire Strat
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Not bad, but I would say try and project your voice more. Imagine you're having to shout this song to an old lady for her to hear what you're saying. In this particular song, John Rzeznik is really projecting/shouting his voice even though it's fairly easy going music wise.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins
Quote by ClassicRock1169
O also I forgot to ask. So you would say my main problem is my ear. I can't stay on pitch. What would you recommend to help this problem?

Do you have a piano? Do scales, or go through basic solfage (doh, re, mi, etc.) while playing the notes. I suppose you could use your guitar for that as well.
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
Quote by ClassicRock1169

Duck tape and a lead singer?

(Just razzing ya, bro.)
(C4C) Here's the thread for my loopy loop, "We Began." It's kooky... CLICK
Hey dude, fair effort. I think i agree with everyone so far vocals need work, but there is potential!

I would say its obvious that your pushing from the throat and not using the diaphram. Look up some vids on youtube of how to breath from the diaphram and vocal tips on breathing. You'll stay on pitch more and have a better tone.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456022
: )