Hello, I have an issue. I feel i'm getting accurate on my picking technique, but i still feel i lack that extra, to get it right, i know i need to work on switching between strings, but i can't do it, even though i play alot, and try to get it down. Any advice on how to what to do?
Can you post any sort-of examples of what you're trying to play that you don't feel you're nailin'? From there, I (we) might be able to come up with some good suggestions.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Invest in metronome it will help you foreverand always. try what you want really slow then slowly pick the tempo and it willl sound great and hopefully it will help you get it nice and tight and nice and clean
Quote by Seither2k
Can you post any sort-of examples of what you're trying to play that you don't feel you're nailin'? From there, I (we) might be able to come up with some good suggestions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nq5f6yEKOI That kind of stuff, i feel i got the vibe, just the extra push will help
Take it slow. Inside picking is REALLY awkward for most people at first, but slow it down and work with it over time, and when you have it down you'll be really damn happy with yourself when you have to learn other songs with it.

And yeah, use a metronome at very slow speeds and build up the technique until you can belt out those 180bpm murder skips.
modes are a social construct
Quote by Hail
Take it slow. Inside picking is REALLY awkward for most people at first, but slow it down and work with it over time, and when you have it down you'll be really damn happy with yourself when you have to learn other songs with it.

And yeah, use a metronome at very slow speeds and build up the technique until you can belt out those 180bpm murder skips.

Yeah, i worked on this technique alot, i used alot of energy on it, and it helped, surely did, do you suggest i just keep going at it, or try a different approach?
Hey Kim, I hope that I can truly save you some time and trouble here. You probably won't like this reply, and I am by no means trying to advocate that you don't take the advice from others that post (in fact hopefully I can pick up some good tips myself) however, every guitar player no matter the skill level will go through different phases where it doesn't appear that they are improving. All I can say is that continuing to practise the way you are is truly the best/only way to get better, and no technique or strategy can compensate for practise hours. I guess for advice I would suggest learning some of the phrases from these more alternate picking focused players. Practise them with a metronome, or even create your own 2 or 3 string phrases and practise those with a metronome. Best of luck man!
Oh by the way, justwanted to point out that I had been typing that reply before you posted the Racer X (Paul G) link LOL!!
Quote by VioletFox
Hey Kim, I hope that I can truly save you some time and trouble here. You probably won't like this reply, and I am by no means trying to advocate that you don't take the advice from others that post (in fact hopefully I can pick up some good tips myself) however, every guitar player no matter the skill level will go through different phases where it doesn't appear that they are improving. All I can say is that continuing to practise the way you are is truly the best/only way to get better, and no technique or strategy can compensate for practise hours. I guess for advice I would suggest learning some of the phrases from these more alternate picking focused players. Practise them with a metronome, or even create your own 2 or 3 string phrases and practise those with a metronome. Best of luck man!

Thx man, i'll keep that in mind.