is what the guys from Jackass did.

By not giving one ****, because they didn't have to. Think about how our generation really doesn't give one ****. Too bad all the kids now a days are going to grow up and mentally evolve in a different way.

Thoughts?
Last edited by dig up my date at Jun 26, 2011,
If not giving a **** is what defines us then this is a ****ing piss poor excuse for a generation, ****.
I don't really get what it is you're saying. But I don't find the guys from jackass that awesome, or ryan dunn. People are treating him like a saint when he got wasted and got himself killed, when his friends should have been looking out for him. Clarence Clemens, however, that is sad. But nobody gives a ****.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
They didn't define anything. The did some funny shit and made some people laugh and made a ton of money on the way. They defined nothing.
This generation is mostly fucking pathetic.

Take your ageist jingoism elsewhere.

Jackass was a boring TV show/movie/whatever it was for potty humour enthusiasts.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Jun 26, 2011,
Just some dudes, not giving a ****, and having fun along the way doing literally whatever they want. My philosophy on life currently.

Edit: The actual point i'm trying to get at is, the current generation and all new ones that will come after are too scared of the world around them to just have fun, and most importantly to scared to not give a ****.
Last edited by dig up my date at Jun 26, 2011,
I'm not sure I would go as far as to say that they "defined" a generation by themselves, but when people talk of the last decade, Jackass will probably come up. This is a quote that I read somewhere by Steve-O that I really liked:

"The first time a cave man farted in a cave, everybody laughed. In a weird way, there's something noble about making sacrifices and being self-depreciating for other people's amusement."
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Last edited by carlos_almighty at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by dig up my date
Just some dudes, not giving a ****, and having fun along the way doing literally whatever they want. My philosophy on life currently.

They are acting for a movie.

You honestly think they spend their free time riding falling trees into the ground and jumping into tazers?

If there were to be a video of their actual lives it would be watching them sit around, get drunk, eat, and sleep. Seriously, do you honestly think they purposely let scorpions sting their dicks in their free time?
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
This works better if you were telling us asking us to "find a degeneration." In which case, I would agree that the guys from Jackass are a great example.
They didnt give a ****?

Ah, thats why they had medical teams standing by to ok everything, and they got paid a ****load

woo hoo actors
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
You know what, TS, you may be taking a lot of criticism right now, but I (somewhat) agree with you. Yes, they are stupid, but in a way, Jackass has lent itself to the way that I, and many of my friends and acquaintances, behave ourselves.

You see, in today's world of corporatism and insane parents hell-bent on creating the "perfectly successful child," we, as young adults, often forget the importance of having fun. As such, I sometimes just do stupid shit for literally no reason, just because I enjoy it. Thus, Jackass, in all its idiocy, has had a positive effect on me and many in my generation. Bravo.
Quote by metalh3ad88
You know what, TS, you may be taking a lot of criticism right now, but I (somewhat) agree with you. Yes, they are stupid, but in a way, Jackass has lent itself to the way that I, and many of my friends and acquaintances, behave ourselves.

You see, in today's world of corporatism and insane parents hell-bent on creating the "perfectly successful child," we, as young adults, often forget the importance of having fun. As such, I sometimes just do stupid shit for literally no reason, just because I enjoy it. Thus, Jackass, in all its idiocy, has had a positive effect on me and many in my generation. Bravo.

Pretty much what i originally wanted to say, but couldn't figure out how to get the thought out of my head and onto here. Thank you, haha.
Quote by carlos_almighty
I'm not sure I would go as far as to say that they "defined" a generation by themselves, but when people talk of the last decade, Jackass will probably come up. This is a quote that I read somewhere by Steve-O that I really liked: "The first time a cave man farted in a cave, everybody laughed. In a weird way, there's something noble about making sacrifices and being self-depreciating for other people's amusement."

Pretty much all big changes in history (equal rights for one group at a time, kingdoms falling in favor of democracy) were made by people and groups not giving a shit about what previous generations thought and saying "**** it".

EVERY generation finds something to dislike and tries to tear it down.
Meh, they had an impact. But they're not defining anything, I think it has to be more powerful than a bunch of dudes hurting themselves, and I shouldn't have to say that shit.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
I really doubt the future will look back on us and say "Oh, that was the era of Jackass".
🙈 🙉 🙊
I think the internet had a bigger impact on the generations of this time than Jackass.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't give a **** myself and I ****ing hate Jackass I think it's boring as ****.
Maybe I'm just a more sophisticated mother****ing layabout.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Jackass are basically Gen X - they sure as **** aren't your generation. Since when was apathy something to be admired anyway?

EDIT:
Quote by musiclover2399
Pretty much all big changes in history (equal rights for one group at a time, kingdoms falling in favor of democracy) were made by people and groups not giving a shit about what previous generations thought and saying "**** it".

EVERY generation finds something to dislike and tries to tear it down.

Those weren't people that 'didn't give a ****' - they are people that cared A LOT. Last time I checked, MLK wasn't famous for sticking a toy car up his arse.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Last edited by catempire at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by dig up my date
is what the guys from Jackass did.

By not giving one ****, because they didn't have to. Think about how our generation really doesn't give one ****. Too bad all the kids now a days are going to grow up and mentally evolve in a different way.

Thoughts?

FAIL
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.