Hey there fellow Musicians & Pit-sters,

Lately i've been overly stressed... :L
This stress has been coming on ever so gradually to the point where it has built up and I can hardly focus in class and on my school work. I feel like im drifting away from my close friends. All I can think of is playing the guitar/drums to relieve this stress. To add to this I have just had 2nd term exams and these results will be going on my report for the end of term. Basically it feels like my world is turning on itself (like that scene in "inception" where the road tips back onto itsself). I would like to know how I can manage through this tough time. I'm sure their are many others facing worse problems than this but everyone needs a bit of help every so often

Cheers,
TheAscendant
Find the source of the stress, and remove it. If it's school, make sure that you're never behind in work and that you're prepared for exams. If it's something with a relationship with family or friends, talk it out and resolve it.

You can't kill a disease by covering up the symptoms. You have to go right to the cause.
I faced similar problems during high school and again during college. I can't say that I was able to conquer these feelings, but I found a way to cope with them for the most part. All you have to do is take a moment of each day and remind yourself of how small you are in this universe. Each of us are only a spec in the universe (from a non religious point of view). There is so much that has happened and so much that will happen that you will have no part in whatsoever. By this I don't mean belittle yourself. Humble yourself. remember that even if you fail there are other opportunities and all is not lost.

Now that I've written that I can see how crazy I seem. It's alot harder to explain than I thought. Basically, just try and achieve a zen mind-state. meditation can do wonders.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
I faced similar problems during high school and again during college. I can't say that I was able to conquer these feelings, but I found a way to cope with them for the most part. All you have to do is take a moment of each day and remind yourself of how small you are in this universe. Each of us are only a spec in the universe (from a non religious point of view). There is so much that has happened and so much that will happen that you will have no part in whatsoever. By this I don't mean belittle yourself. Humble yourself. remember that even if you fail there are other opportunities and all is not lost.

Now that I've written that I can see how crazy I seem. It's alot harder to explain than I thought. Basically, just try and achieve a zen mind-state. meditation can do wonders.

This. Everything that seems horrible will be insignificant in the long run maybe even in a few years. Looking back things are never as bad as they seem.
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Quote by Baby Joel
Find the source of the stress, and remove it. If it's school, make sure that you're never behind in work and that you're prepared for exams. If it's something with a relationship with family or friends, talk it out and resolve it.

You can't kill a disease by covering up the symptoms. You have to go right to the cause.
Yes. Find the cause. Cure it. Live more stress free.
For some reason I read "stressed mexican."
Quote by Colgate Total
I have my girlfriend's Facebook password. Which means she clicked "Remember Password" when she logged in on my laptop. Which means this is a test. That bitch.