Hello All,

First of all, this is my first post so I hope I put it in the right place--excuse my ignorance if I didn't. I have a bit of a different kind of pickup problem. I'm about to rewire my guitar again and am a bit fed up with the quality of the wire the pickup manufacturer used for its ground. It's incredibly thin gauge silver braid that breaks if you handle it too much and burns if I keep the soldering iron on it for too long. (I'm not crazy about the hot wire either, but at least it came with a shield, which makes it a bit easier to work with.) Since I have the extra time I'd like to replace both wires with stronger ones but have never done that before. Can anyone here please explain what's involved in this process? Many thanks in advance for reading and replies.
the GB&C forum might be better for a very specific question like this... you might get more answers there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It involves a lot of wires...
A soldering iron...
Burning yourself quite a lot...
working in awkward angles...
Oh yes, can't forget the swearing... lots of swearing.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.