A friend of mine just sold me this guitar for $45.
It appears to be an Ibanez Destroyer, only thing is, the neck has been replaced and the bridge is like one i have never seen before, also, it has no neck plate, witch is weird because every Destroyer i have seen has either been neck-thru or has had a neck plate with the serial code on it.
Could someone tell me more about this guitar?
When do you think it was made?
What model exactly is it?
Did i get ripped off?
Also, do you know any place online i could buy a new destroyer neck for it?

Also, notice the beautiful wood grain on the neck,
What kind of wood is this? i can use it for another project once i replace it.
Like the maple on 2 piece guitar bodys with stain?
I never knew they used it for necks to be honest.
you have to see the body up close to know why I'm asking about getting ripped of.
Thanks though.
Quote by nuclear-guru
Like the maple on 2 piece guitar bodys with stain?
I never knew they used it for necks to be honest.
you have to see the body up close to know why I'm asking about getting ripped of.
Thanks though.

Yea its the same maple. Maple is a very strong wood, and it makes great necks.
That's weird. I've never seen a Destroyer with that kind of bridge. All the ones I've seen have TOM bridges. Also, the bottom of the body doesn't look right. There should be a groove there.
Are you sure you didn't buy a Epi Explorer.

Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I saw one on the vintage ibanez guitars site, bit it only has 1 pu. It is deff worth $45, if I were you I'd just refinish it, throw some new p/u' and electronics, and have a killer budget axe.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Also, the bottom of the body doesn't look right. There should be a groove there.

It has the groove you are talking about, it just was not visible in the pictures.
It needs some work (new knobs/switch and new pickups), but you didn't get ripped off; I'd love an Ibanez Destroyer.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Its got the 3 screw pickup mounts, and I think, a Powerocker bridge, so it's an older model, probably mid 80's, japanese made. The old catalogs are posted on ibanez.com. Should be able to find it if you look hard enough. And you didn't get ripped off.

Edit:
Looks like it an 84-85 DT250.
Last edited by Jason43 at Jun 26, 2011,
Looks like it an 84-85 DT250.

I looked at that model and its an x shaped one though, do they come in both?
Quote by Woffelz
That's weird. I've never seen a Destroyer with that kind of bridge. All the ones I've seen have TOM bridges. Also, the bottom of the body doesn't look right. There should be a groove there.
Are you sure you didn't buy a Epi Explorer.

I thought there were pre-lawsuit ones that were near exact clones of the Gibson Explorer shape?
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
That neck fastening looks like crap. My guess is that someone just didn't like the look of the plate and tossed it because that's unlike any Ibanez solution I've ever seen.

Also, it seems like it's been subjected to a Bob-awful refinish with plenty of orange peel. I'd sand it down for sure.
So after sanding through FIVE layers of paint, I am down to the original. It is a yellow and blue sort of zebra finish. I found that this paint job was on very few DT-380s. The bridge and pickups are not original but stripped from a DT-250.

Does anyone know of any sites that may sell Ibanez style necks?
My 81 DT-400 doesn't have the forearm contour?

I feel ripped off. Mine was $300 too!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Gentlemen, I now present to you, in its present state, The Ibanez with its original paint.

Don't mind the bottom of the guitar, it still needs alot of sanding as does the back.
Would you guys suggest leaving the original paint or sanding it down and refinishing it completely?
I'm more than likely just going to leave the original paint, along with the scuffs and chips, due to its a vintage guitar and i dont want to mess with anything that might affect the value of it any further, but i would like to know what you guys would do.
Also, im planning on doing a full restoration, getting an orignial ibanez Destroyer neck, or just an RG neck that would match. I plan on getting the original DT-380 pickups though these will have to do for now.
I'd leave that paintjob for sure. Really unique and even with a few scuffs it doesn't look at all bad. You did a great job sanding it, I think the finish looks in better shape there than the original black finish. Also, it might be worth contacting Ibanez about a Destroyer neck.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join