So...

Really wanting to get ahold of a steinberger trans trem. Ideally it would be the TT2 generation since everything I've read says those are the best so far(not to mention some guy named Ed used to use it ). I've also learned that those are really hard to come buy and insanely expensive when they do show up.

I have absolutely zero experience with these things, and my local shops don't stock any steinys so I really need to get some good info from the masses on this one. I need some guidance from people who have experience with the ZT3 since it's prolly what I'll be stuck with. Prolly can't play before I buy so as much info as possible is very much appreciated.

Thanks all
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by repairmanjack at Jun 26, 2011,
I don't have any personal experience with Steinberg bridges, but I'm assuming you have your eyes set on getting a TransTrem style bridge?

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or something, but that Ed guy you're talking about it Eddie Van Halen. He used the TransTrem on a Van Hagar song... I want to say it was Summer Nights.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I don't have any personal experience with Steinberg bridges, but I'm assuming you have your eyes set on getting a TransTrem style bridge?

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or something, but that Ed guy you're talking about it Eddie Van Halen. He used the TransTrem on a Van Hagar song... I want to say it was Summer Nights.

Ya I was just screwing off, I knew it was EVH. He used it on Summer Nights and one other which I can't think of off the top of my head. I know it was the 5150 album as well
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah