Hi again

Yet again, I apologize for the amount of threads I've posted recently, this will be the last one for a while.

Anyway, I am looking for an amp for gigging (pubs, outdoor festivals) and I came across a Laney TF300 ll. I haven't really heard much about it, all I know is that it's a 300w and has one tube. It comes with a footswitch and it's not been used much before. It's going used for £200, so what do you guys think I should do? Is it any good? I am pretty sure it'll be loud enough for gigs (we don't get miced some of the time) and I've heard the cleans are pretty decent. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Sound like a good idea, I can work with that. Thank you!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Pretty crappy amps.
I'd say £200 is pretty overpriced for it..
On ebay there is some jet city stuff going for REALLY cheap just now and they are basically new just the boxes got damaged in shipping so they're b stock . You could easily get the 20 watt all tube combo (for less then this shitty laney hybrid) which would be more than loud enough for pubs etc.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
From what I know, the TF series is the predecessor to the LV series.
Cleans should be good, but I would suggest using your RP350 into its effects loop for distorted sounds.

If the distortion on the TF is anything like the LV, the amp's drive channels are still better than the distortions provided by the RP350 (with the exception maybe of Mesa-like distortion, which the Digitech modeller can provide to a point ).

Also, if the TF's cleans are similar to the LV's cleans, they are really good.
Using the "Bright" switch on the clean channel, you can get pretty close to Fender-like cleans.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The Tf amps are not that great, my buddy had one. I bought his 4x12 from him for $200 and it was a good deal and sounded OK fr a cheap 4x12, but the head was good for cleans only. the amp struggled to sound good with any kind of gain from the amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have the newer LV 200 model(65watts).. Cleans are good, I find it takes pedals well...

I dont use the drive channels, they do sound decent though....

Its a pretty good amp, strong and reliable....

I use a Peavey Classic 30 live, but wouldnt have a problem using one of these with a couple dirt pedals
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000