Hey

I currently have a Digitech RP-350 Effects pedal processor and a Mesa Boogie Tube amp.

I stupidly enough decided to plug my Digitech foot pedal into the input plug
"INSTEAD OF THE FX LOOP" of my Mesa Boogie amp

Guitar --> Digitech Effect Pedal --> Mesa Boogie Input (on front)

I used a clean channel 50watt setting and put all other settings - Bass - Mid - Treble - midway. Also gain half way.

I am wandering whether this would have done any damage to the tube or amp.

The pedal was on for around 10 - 15 mins until I realized.

Thanks Heaps
No, no harm done.
That's how a lot of people use their pedals, some amps don't even have FX Loops.
i do the same. i go like guitar---overdrive---amp. nothing bad about it
Quote by jr.v
i do the same. i go like guitar---overdrive---amp. nothing bad about it

Thats normal for a regular pedal. He's using a modeller. Modellers sound like shit unless run through an FX loop or a rack poweramp/powered monitors.
Quote by Lukey95
Hey

I currently have a Digitech RP-350 Effects pedal processor and a Mesa Boogie Tube amp.

"INSTEAD OF THE FX LOOP" of my Mesa Boogie amp

Guitar --> Digitech Effect Pedal --> Mesa Boogie Input (on front)

I used a clean channel 50watt setting and put all other settings - Bass - Mid - Treble - midway. Also gain half way.

I am wandering whether this would have done any damage to the tube or amp.

The pedal was on for around 10 - 15 mins until I realized.

Thanks Heaps

The only damage you're doing is to your ears, by using a Digitech multi-fx unit with a Boogie...
I'd rather use the Boogie on its own than defiling it with that thing.

But as others already said, it won't cause any damage to use the effects directly into the input.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
No, No harm done...
apart from the tone LOL
If you switch the amp modelling etc off and just want to use a few effects then it really depends on what effects you're planning on using it with... like you wont want any delays, reverbs up front for example you'd want those in the effects loop..
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by Lukey95
Hey

You mean there's another way? And all this time I was doing it that way too. ROFL, j/k. No harm was done. I'm not even sure if the FX loop on my Peavey works.
well, no harm done.

but some effects sound better in FX loops instead of run in front. so some run overdrive in front and modualtion like delay in the loop so it is not affected by the onboard drive of the amp.

see modualtion effects are most always put after drives. with an amp it goes:

preamp>loop>power amp>speaker. if you run a delay into the front of the amp, the delayed signal is getting distorted. if you run it in the loop, your distored signal is getting delayed. sounds confusing, but there IS a difference