Page 1 of 2
So I just got a twitter. I don't really know how to use it though, right now I'm just following musicians and celebrities. Does anyone on UG use twitter? And what do I tweet about? What do I tweet about? and does it look weird if i keep tweeting if i don't have any followers?
It's a little easier when you have some friends on it. And you'll have followers soon, and by that I mean that random people (who probably aren't even people) will follow you in hopes that you follow them and unfollow you in like a week. It's basically a mess but I love it.

Also my sad little twitter account is hidden in my sig. I'll add any UGers when I get the chance.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Jun 26, 2011,
Just tweet about whatever you want. You'll get some followers eventually.
I'm sure only about 2 people actually read my tweets but I don't give a crap, I tweet anyway.
My Twitter username is in my sig.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Just tweet about what you're doing, funny things you see etc. I got twitter 2 months ago and I'm now on over 600 tweets, it's easy once you get the hang of it. And if you want a UG follower, follow @Pikey_P (me) and I'll give you a follow back.
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Last edited by vegetable-jim at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
follow Down Goes Brown. Thank me later when you experience the hilarity.

And @CoachRonWilson
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Most of my tweets are being cynical about trending topics.

@tmorin34 is my name on it, follow me, then I'll look at your tweets and consider following you back, mmk?
Twitter is great, I've met some awesome people through it and made plenty of online friends too. I wouldn't go chasing an audience if I were you, just chat to your friends and anyone you come across talking about the things you're interested in. You'll have enough followers soon enough.
I have a twitter account but I don't really use it except to check on a few people I follow. I have nothing interesting to say anyway
I'll follow you if you want.

edit: the link is on my profile if you want to follow me
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jun 26, 2011,
Is there a way you can upload pictures in your tweets? I took a picture of this weird bumber sticker I saw yesterday and I want to share it.
upload it to tinypic.com and just post the link

I'm @bbeatz1 if any of you want to follow. I'll return the favor
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by SMED420
Is there a way you can upload pictures in your tweets? I took a picture of this weird bumber sticker I saw yesterday and I want to share it.

Use a website like Yfrog, twitpic or *******.

EDIT: You can't say l*ckerz. Wat?
Last edited by TEK34 at Jun 26, 2011,
It's fine to tweet when you have no followers. You can get more by reaching out and talking to others with @ messages. I sent one to Wil Wheaton, he retweeted what I sent, and I gained 25 followers and a whole bunch of RTs/messages. At this point I was considering leaving Twitter - the extra flow of activity got me interested again.

Mine's in my sig, feel free to follow me and I'll follow you back if you make it known you're from UG and aren't a spambot

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at Jun 26, 2011,
Joined it in January, and got 77 followers now. It's fun to follow friends and people you know, but you can also follow accounts that spread interesting facts, news, and so on. Also there are accounts that spread short jokes etc, which might help you to get hold of some really cool jokes.

Also, you can link twitter to things. You can post your tweets automatically to FB, or in my case, link Tumblr to twitter, and show a link and the title of things you put on it. Also you can follow some famous people, some actually respond.

Ohyeah, and the news spreads like crazy on twitter. That's useful.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
I only have 50 odd followers but about 30 are people i know and talk to so it's pretty good. Also it's handy for when you run out of texts on your phone as you can just tweet to people. And i just tweet what comes into my head usually or stuff that's going on. Also, if there are people you don't want following you, set it to private. I had to do that because my Mum kept having a go at me for using 'colourful language'.

Follow @RuairidhLowe and i'll follow you back.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Last edited by blankoff at Jun 26, 2011,
I don't have a Twitter.. I don't know why I'm here...
"-How do you feel about libraries?"
"-I hate them."
"-Well, not anymore!"
*Cue commercial tune*
Track Library! - A library, for tracks. Ain't that somethin'?
Quote by SMED420

Upload it to twitpic
Quote by TEK34
Most of my tweets are being cynical about trending topics.

I like posting things that are barely related to the trending topic.

For example: "Wet Seal is trending worldwide. Well, I suppose he has just been kissed by a rose in the rain."
Quote by Minkaro
I like posting things that are barely related to the trending topic.

For example: "Wet Seal is trending worldwide. Well, I suppose he has just been kissed by a rose in the rain."

Mine are just angry. "Why is Fear God trending? God doesn't exist ffs."
Kbabz22 follow me bros! I FOLLOW BACK
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm going to directly quote Edwin Starr:

"War Twitter, huh! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing..."

Says the Pitgoer
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Only started an account so if I actually wanted one and was going to use it, I'd get my nickname.

@BlackTarBlake
Quote by ilikepirates
Upload it to twitpic

Don't use Twitpic, as stated earlier in the thread, they changed their TOS so they get all the rights to any pictures uploaded.

Use something like Yfrog instead.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by lushacrous
Says the Pitgoer

Yeah, but at least in the pit we discuss major global issues seriously and maturely through smart disc-

Yeah you're right.
I still use Twitpic, I don't really care if they own pictures I've taken on my phone.

But yeah, Twitter is really useful if you use it right. Handy for breaking news in any field, good for discussion with people who love the same things you do.

Pretty addictive once you get really into it though.
I use twitter to read some stuff (for example Paramore, Hayley Williams) or when something has happened with somebody (for example, I looked at Bam Margera's twitter after Ryan Dunn's death last Monday)
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by suckmahnuts
upload it to tinypic.com and just post the link

I'm @bbeatz1 if any of you want to follow. I'll return the favor

Followed. I never tweet though.

edit: I just tried to respond to the cuddlebuddy tweet you made. I think I failed.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jun 26, 2011,
I just got a Twitter. I really only use it to keep up with people and what's going on. It's pretty easy I'm guessing. Like you could tweet, "Posting on UG to learn how to use my Twitter account". :p I mean, not exactly that, but you catch my drift. Just post about random things you're doing, or random things you see. It's especially fun when you have a camera phone and can take pictures right on the spot.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Followed. I never tweet though.

edit: I just tried to respond to the cuddlebuddy tweet you made. I think I failed.

I understood what you meant You can't really respond to individual tweets, so unless you respond before their next tweet it can get a little confusing unless you add their tweet into your tweet, so you tweet while you tweet cause you like to tweet.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by Paramore.
I use twitter to read some stuff (for example Paramore, Hayley Williams)

AKA i used twitter when she tweeted her bewbs
i'm Ginger its fun
Twitter is mega useful for me.

My Twitter

Followed everyone that posted in here. I only tweet once or twice a day, so I want clog up your feed too much. If I haven't followed you yet and you follow me, I'll follow you back.
Page 1 of 2