Like the thread title says.

I've been planning to sell my Boss CH-1 Chorus due to its tone-suckage, and the fact that a nice lush reverb is more my style. (Death/Black/Thrash metal with occasional clean arpeggio sections. Oh, and sometimes blues as well. )

My 6505+ plus has spring-reverb, but it's barely noticable unless it's dimed, and even then it just doesn't sound that great.

I've been looking at the Hall of Fame pedal due to it being "true bypass." I've listened to a couple clips on Youtube and it seems legit, but I just want to be DAMN SURE it's not going to suck any tone or I'll be wasting my money. I probably won't use it much for anything but cleans and maybe throw it on for solos and lead lines, so I can't have it manipulating my tone when it's turned off. Thanks for any input.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Um it wont matter if its true bypass or not as it will go in the effects loop. You can shut the loop off. So no signal goes through the pedal even if the pedal itelf is on- switch off the loop the pedal gets bypassed.
The 6505 doesn't have a switchable FX loop, brah.

The TC HoF is true bypass. It doesn't really matter much in a buffered FX loop though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
umm my peavey 6534+ has a footswitchable fx loop. my friend with the 6505+ combo knows how to use the footswitchable fx loop. its possible for sure
Oh, right. Forgot the switch is on the footswitch and not the amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well, that changes everything. Because it's not that I don't like the sound of my CH-1, it's that it sucks tone when it's off.

I run a Boss FS-6 to switch my channels (and yes, I have the 6505+ 112 combo.) Is there a way to use my Boss to toggle the effects loop on and off? If that was the case, I'd just leave the chorus on all the time and just switch the loop on when I need it.

I still want a reverb pedal, however, lol.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Awwwh crap. I'm not gonna buy a new footswitch just for that. I think I'll stick with my original plan - only run pedals that offer true bypass.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood