What has a Telecaster neck....

...an F-hole...

...and is made in Japan?

A Fender Pawn Shop '72, that's what!

In all its quirkiness, this is one heck of a guitar.

First of all, it has an amazingly comfortable neck and plays extremely well. It feels smoother than my Les Paul, and isn’t as chunky as my Caparison, which is a welcome change of pace. I still have to get used to the different fretboard radius and the fact that there’s less frets, but that shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

The alder body is nicely weighted and has a very nice resonance to it. This is mainly because of the F-hole, which also adds some warmth to the sound. This and the through-body stringing of the bridge give it good sustain, so you don’t have to worry about your notes dyeing out after three seconds.

So far, so good, but the electronics is where it really gets interesting.

The first anomaly are obviously the pickups. This strat comes with two humbuckers, instead of single coils, which are standard on almost every other Fender strat. On this guitar the neck pickup consists of a Wide Range humbucker, where as the bridge position contains an Enforcer humbucker. Both have their own unique sound and character. The Wide Range humbucker has a nice warm, bassy sound to it. I prefer this humbucker for clean tones, because of its warmth and clarity. If you add a little bit of gain, it gives you a nice fat overdriven sound, which I like to use for blues or jazz leads. The Enforcer pickup is much brighter and has more attack than the Wide Range pickup, so I tend not to use it too much for cleans, because I think it sounds a bit too shrill, but that’s just my opinion. But kick in the gain and this thing turns into a beast. This pickup can take you pretty much anywhere, from light crunch, to classic rock, to full on death metal (if you tune down, that is). Notes stay clear and articulate no matter the amount of gain, although I would refrain from using too much.

The second anomaly are the controls. The guitar comes with a standard volume control, but instead of the regular tone pot Fender opted to go with a blend knob (which I like, cause I don’t use the tone pot that much anyway). What this does, is that it blends the sound of both pickups together, depending on where you set it; going from just the neck pickup, to the center detent (which is both pickups), to just the bridge pickup. Doing this, you can experiment with interesting combinations of sounds like a nice warm clean sound with just a bit of shimmer on the top end, or a hard, biting lead tone with some oomph in the bottom end, something you can’t do on an ordinary strat.

That about wraps it up I guess
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Reserved till I read the whole thing..

Alrighty..fully read..

HNGD dude...thats the coolest pawn shop find I've seen in a while....Been GASing recently for a tele with f-holes..and this isnt helping!!!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Jun 26, 2011,
Eugh... Pawn shop Fenders make me feel ill. They look hideous. But hey, if you're happy with it that's cool Have fun
ugly ugly ugly lol

but good for you none the less i might not like it but to each his own and i bet you'll love it for yearssss
How about the fact that this guitar unlike most other Strats has a hardtail bridge instead of a trem?
Also the difference between the neck and bridge pickup you described is pretty much the difference between ANY bridge and neck humbucker, but whatever.

HNGD.
I like the idea, but that's not how I would have done it.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by JesusCrisp
How about the fact that this guitar unlike most other Strats has a hardtail bridge instead of a trem?
Also the difference between the neck and bridge pickup you described is pretty much the difference between ANY bridge and neck humbucker, but whatever.

HNGD.

-1 for being a buzzkill

Anyways, interesting guitar, HNGD!
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
Psht. And everyone was complaining because these were made in Mexico! That's a Japan stamp!

HNGD, that thing is awesome!
i hope that's a PRE-Fukushima MIJ

personal preference: large strat head
i've stared at that for a full minute and i still can't decide if it's beautiful or hideous, cool that you've found something unusual
BTW, black pickguard and 70's headstock and that thing would be seriously cool looking.
Quote by Controlpanel
Reserved till I read the whole thing..

Alrighty..fully read..

HNGD dude...thats the coolest pawn shop find I've seen in a while....Been GASing recently for a tele with f-holes..and this isnt helping!!!

you do know that this is a pawn shop series and not actually a pawn shop bought guitar?

that said i was wondering when one of these showed up on UG. i quite like it because its something fresh. HNGD dude

PS. you F-hole xD bad joke had to be made
Last edited by wolvenrick at Jun 26, 2011,
HNGD! Those guitars are awesome!
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?