Page 1 of 3
I just graduated and I definitively shouldn't have even come close to a diploma. EVERY single day of high school I came in messed up off weed, alcohol and other assorted drugs. I carried all high honors and I finished a top my class.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! High school is so stupid. Lowest accomplishment you can ever receive. Not saying I wouldn't love to stay in high school and mess around everyday, but come on OBVIOUSLY the school system isn't teaching much, yet somehow I had great grades. And this world wonders why people are not properly educated.

I know probably a lot of you wont agree with this, but it is at least how it is for where I live.
Quote by OptionParalysis
I just graduated and I definitively shouldn't have even come close to a diploma. EVERY single day of high school I came in messed up off weed, alcohol and other assorted drugs. I carried all high honors and I finished a top my class.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! High school is so stupid. Lowest accomplishment you can ever receive. Not saying I wouldn't love to stay in high school and mess around everyday, but come on OBVIOUSLY the school system isn't teaching much, yet somehow I had great grades. And this world wonders why people are not properly educated.

I know probably a lot of you wont agree with this, but it is at least how it is for where I live.

I guess a lot of the difficulty depends on what subjects you choose. (I don't know much about schools in the US, but apparently a US High School diploma is worth much less than the Abitur which we have here in Germany, so yeah)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
Last edited by keinerniemand at Jun 26, 2011,
Brother, that story was of the utmost calibre.

/also graduated from a Public High School.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Okay, if you don't feel challenged go to college.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
What's the UK equivalent of High School? And by public school do you mean public school or state school? Americans confuse me
Yea public schools aren't for learning rather than indoctoronation.... I graduated fom one...
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
Failbook.org will give you a very good idea of how well the school system works.....I agree tho TS....the system is broken...we must forge ahead with the new order!! Viva La Revolution!!!!

-Homeschooler!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
TS's grades weren't what he wanted, so no he's making it seem like he didn't try at all.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by theknuckster
What's the UK equivalent of High School? And by public school do you mean public school or state school? Americans confuse me

Years 7-13
Quote by theknuckster

I think the equivalent is the first year of sixth form. It seems like their first year in university is equivalent to the final year of sixth form in terms of academic level.

American need a hell lot of AP classes to get into university in the United Kingdom.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I have a trillion friends who show up baked out of their mind, and still get A's and B's.
Well man, High school in the U.S. is a disaster, and obviously, so is the war against drugs.

College is different, and better - but you have to be serious.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I found Ireland's public school to be fine, I learned lots of stuff.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Aleene
Years 10-13

Fixed i think...

And High School isn't supposed to challenge you, it's supposed to be able to weed out a portion of dumbasses that wouldn't survive in college and to rank you so that colleges can accept you or not. Go to college, even a public college. It's a lot more challenging and can offer any positive aspect that High School can, but 10x better.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Last edited by guitarsftw at Jun 26, 2011,
The Irish system isn't fantastic either. But you wouldn't get A's and B's if you showed up baked or pissed.
US high school lasts from the ages of around 14-18. After that, you go to college/university.

I just graduated, but this shit was hard as hell because I was in the IB Diploma Program.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Maybe they should stop teaching so much god damn algebra and make important classes like personal finance mandatory.
You get what out what you put into high school. I worked my butt off and got into my number one college. I had a blast while doing it too so I have no regrets.

Quote by MeTallIcA313
Maybe they should stop teaching so much god damn algebra and make important classes like personal finance mandatory.

They do where I went.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
yeah im definetly going to college. But I mean all of my tax dollars for this! Hey maybe drugs make you smart! lol yeah but I know i shouldn't complain but my god its pretty pathetic
It's the same in Canada, if you put in a very very slight amount of effort you can get 60's-70's without trying. When people realize it once, they keep just showing up baked all the time. I smoke up, few times every couple months, but still, they'd do it everyday.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I didn't enjoy school much, and I spent a lot of it stoned too, but I'm not naïve enough to think it wasn't worthwhile.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by MeTallIcA313

Lots of high schools don't want to offer life-applicable skills. They want to offer college-applicable skills, so that their students get into more and better colleges, which reflects a lot better on the high school. Many good high schools (like the one I attended, luckily) are AP machines, which help the students get accepted to high-level schools.

In a way this is good, in that I believe almost everyone should go to college, and my high school has prepared me very well for it. On the other hand, not everyone WILL go to college, and the practical life-skills went untaught for them.
Quote by AA00P
Well my point of the story is that they make the graduation ceremony like you just received your MBA! It just sort of make me mad that now I basically have to relearn alot of the basics because high school never taught me well. Cant wait for college
I did very little in high school... in uni now, going fairly well, and it's only in the last few years the influence of some of my teachers has started to have an effect, but I could've done a hell of alot more in school.

Quote by guitarsftw
Fixed i think...

And High School isn't supposed to challenge you, it's supposed to be able to weed out a portion of dumbasses that wouldn't survive in college and to rank you so that colleges can accept you or not. Go to college, even a public college. It's a lot more challenging and can offer any positive aspect that High School can, but 10x better.

High School is supposed to educate you and teach some basic level of critical thought and general knowledge. It's not supposed to be some fucked up social darwinist experiment.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by OptionParalysis
Well my point of the story is that they make the graduation ceremony like you just received your MBA! It just sort of make me mad that now I basically have to relearn alot of the basics because high school never taught me well. Cant wait for college

I agree with you on the celebration. I hated my own and I went to my sister's a couple weeks ago and hated it more. Part of the celebration, I realized, was more due to excitement about what you're going to do and not what you just did. It's more of a "Woot woot, we gettin' outta here!" than a "Awww, dawg, we just rocked that sh*t" thing.

And what types of basics did high school not teach you? Just basic life skills? The best way to learn that is by experience.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by Portuguese_boy
So basically you're just showing off your grades in a way you think is subtle..?

Lol first of all who would care about my grades on an online forum. All im saying is there is a loophole in the public teaching system. Thats all.
Quote by OptionParalysis
Lol first of all who would care about my grades on an online forum. All im saying is there is a loophole in the public teaching system. Thats all.

I don't think that high school being easy can be considered a loophole...
Quote by AA00P
I always went to school sober...when I actually decided to show up.

I missed 56.5ish days my senior year, most of them spent cruising around town listening to music so I could skip most of 1st hour.

I gradiated.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by guitarsftw
Lots of high schools don't want to offer life-applicable skills. They want to offer college-applicable skills, so that their students get into more and better colleges, which reflects a lot better on the high school. Many good high schools (like the one I attended, luckily) are AP machines, which help the students get accepted to high-level schools.

In a way this is good, in that I believe almost everyone should go to college, and my high school has prepared me very well for it. On the other hand, not everyone WILL go to college, and the practical life-skills went untaught for them.

True but I still think my school should take personal finance more serously. I'm not planning on going to collage so I would rather learn something that would be more helpful to me. I wish I could take that class but I'm forced to take another year of algebra insted. -_-
Quote by MeTallIcA313

Apart from maths being important - almost every career uses it in one form or another, and they help developing minds develop more logical ways of thinking - topics such as finance and economics are incredibly complex. At a high school you'll either be teaching at a level too advanced for alot of students which will require extensive education services, running the risk of leaving alot of kids behind anyway, or you'll be teaching it at a level that's dumbed down to the point of worthlessness.

Shit, when you've got a system where, for example, English classes don't teach proper grammar or tenses or punctuation, how the hell do you expect finance to be taught? The school system needs to be improved rather than the subjects being chopped and changed.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Jun 26, 2011,
Lol yeah I guess not. But whatever its over. If it was up to me I would quit school and play guitar all day everyday lol.

But I appreciate all the input lol FTW
Quote by MeTallIcA313
True but I still think my school should take personal finance more serously. I'm not planning on going to collage so I would rather learn something that would be more helpful to me. I wish I could take that class but I'm forced to take another year of algebra insted. -_-

Take a community college class on it. It's cheap and readily available.
Quote by AA00P
Page 1 of 3