When playing notes an octave higher on the guitar on the eBG strings, I find that my pick often slides a bit down the strings when I play a note, and its really frustrating as it gives of a slight sliding sound, and also makes it harder to keep playing in time. It gives that sh sh sh sound on the string.

I tried changing picks (I used 1 for a week) and its BETTER, but still slides down at times. This is a HUGE pain in Sweet Child O' Mine.

Would cleaning the strings help?
It might be something to do with the angle you hold your pick at, try experimenting and see how that goes.
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by vegetable-jim
It might be something to do with the angle you hold your pick at, try experimenting and see how that goes.

this only started happening recently
Quote by Total Eclipse
this only started happening recently

Your technique could have recently changed...
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Your technique could have recently changed...

Could it be something with the strings? Sweat?
Quote by Total Eclipse
When playing notes an octave higher on the guitar on the eBG strings, I find that my pick often slides a bit down the strings when I play a note, and its really frustrating as it gives of a slight sliding sound, and also makes it harder to keep playing in time. It gives that sh sh sh sound on the string.

I tried changing picks (I used 1 for a week) and its BETTER, but still slides down at times. This is a HUGE pain in Sweet Child O' Mine.

Would cleaning the strings help?

It may help, it's definately worth giving it a try.

Failing that, it could be a slight change in your technique, you may not notice it yourself but it could be there. My playing style has definately changed in the last few weeks. Have you learnt any new techniques lately?
Beneath Hell Drummer
This Machine Guitarist

And I'm on Facebook, somewhere.