Hey Guys,

I've been looking into some guitars! I play mostly metal (Megadeth, Metallica,Alter Bridge (??), Bullet for my Valentine, Children of Bodom, Jason Becker, Yingwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert) , but I also like clean tones. I preffer a warm, full, thick tone both in clean or in distortion. I also preffer a neck suitable for shredding and soloing, as I'm in a band, in which I'm the lead guitarrist.

The models I came across with were:

-BC Rick MockingBird Pro X;
- ESP Eclipse II (Both the EMG's version and the Seymour duncan one);
- Gibson Flying V (swapping the pickups latter into some seymour duncan's );
- Ibanez Prestige S5470;

So what's your opinion? Do you have any other models in mind? Please let me know!

Thanks!
I'm starting to get really annoyed with these threads to be honest. It's all about YOUR opinion. Play the guitars on the list, compare them. Find which one suits YOUR needs the best.
Where I live, I can't find A BC Rich or an ESP on a local store. I would have to buy them online. That's why I asked for an opinion.
Any one of those except the Gibson I think. I have a BC Rich, it's really great for metal, so are ESP's and Ibanez. Another company that's pretty good for metal is Jackson, and no you do not have to get a spiky one.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Gibson Flying V. They are badass

Like Hetfield said. There's nothing more metal than a white V guitar and black pants.
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 26, 2011,
I have a Jackson DK2S! I quite like the guitar, but it doesn't get me that full thick sound I want. But The playability is by far the best for me!

As for the cleans, do you think any of the gutiar could handle them quite nicely?
Last edited by Lespagnol3105 at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by dash-rendar
I'm starting to get really annoyed with these threads to be honest. It's all about YOUR opinion. Play the guitars on the list, compare them. Find which one suits YOUR needs the best.

Agree'd
PSN - Boosted928
Quote by Lespagnol3105
Hey Guys,

I've been looking into some guitars! I play mostly metal (Megadeth, Metallica,Alter Bridge (??), Bullet for my Valentine, Children of Bodom, Jason Becker, Yingwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert) , but I also like clean tones. I preffer a warm, full, thick tone both in clean or in distortion. I also preffer a neck suitable for shredding and soloing, as I'm in a band, in which I'm the lead guitarrist.

The models I came across with were:

-BC Rick MockingBird Pro X;
- ESP Eclipse II (Both the EMG's version and the Seymour duncan one);
- Gibson Flying V (swapping the pickups latter into some seymour duncan's );
- Ibanez Prestige S5470;

So what's your opinion? Do you have any other models in mind? Please let me know!

Thanks!

the eclipse seems to meet your needs, les paul body with emg 81/60. try before you buy, though.
Quote by s31770
the eclipse seems to meet your needs, les paul body with emg 81/60. try before you buy, though.

As I said before, I can't try the ESP and BC Rich models because there aren't any dealers in my area.
That's why your opinion is very usefull to me
PRS standard 22/24 or a PRS CE22/24
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Eclipse II for sure. really good guitars. the neck profile doesnt bode too well with me (just cuz im wierd) but its a good guitar, ad the ones with SDs sound better than the /EMGs IMHO but theyre comfy as hell and play awesomly, are well built look good and dont need any mods out of the box.

Quote by ampoverload
Gibson Flying V. They are badass

Like Hetfield said. There's nothing more metal than a white V guitar and black pants.

yes there is lol. i bought my white gibby V a long time ago and out EMGs in it and without knowing, it looks almost identical to hetfields V. but theres so many problems with it recently. crap sustain, no heavey balls to wall sound, crap tuning stability.

theres alot better than the gibby V especially if you plan to mod the pickups
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Jun 26, 2011,
If you like the Jackson neck profiles, you could go with a SLSMG or an SL3. Both have mahogany bodies, so they would sound warmer and fuller than your typical Alder Jackson.

Other than that, I wouldn't really recommend the ESP or the Gibson, if you need 24 frets, which you very well might considering what you play.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by dash-rendar

+over 9000
i use an ibanez RG 5gex1 ibanez are amazing for shredding, ive never played something better, that and this guitars real cheap for a good quality guitar. got mine for like 200 bucks and 2 years later its still great. and unless you are using the whammy, i recommend blocking the bridge