Hi guys!

Would you please help me? I cannot decide between a Zoom G2.1Nu and a Digitech RP355.

I primarily need such a pedal to get some effects for my Engl Thunder, but I also need good preamp sounds for recording, so I chose those two pedals. But which sounds better, whats bad about those pedals?

Thank You
Well, the rp355 has a 20 second looper while the g21nu has a five second looper. You can't do much with a five second looper. The rp355 also has a stomp box mode, which let's you turn effects, distortion, and delay on and off with the push of a foot switch. I think the rp355 has better effects than the g21nu. The rp355 has some great amp models and some great distortion sounds. Theres also an amp a/b footswitches on the rp355 which allows you to put a, say, a marshall jcm800 on a preset and a fender twin reverb on that same preset, so you can switch between the two amp models on that particular preset. The rp355 has 2 Xlr outputs which let's you plug it direct into a mixer or a pa system. The rp355 is also $30 cheaper if you get it new on eBay for $167( which is what I did). I highly recommend the rp355. If you have any other questions just ask.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
Well, the rp355 has a 20 second looper while the g21nu has a five second looper. You can't do much with a five second looper. The rp355 also has a stomp box mode, which let's you turn effects, distortion, and delay on and off with the push of a foot switch. I think the rp355 has better effects than the g21nu. The rp355 has some great amp models and some great distortion sounds. Theres also an amp a/b footswitches on the rp355 which allows you to put a, say, a marshall jcm800 on a preset and a fender twin reverb on that same preset, so you can switch between the two amp models on that particular preset. The rp355 has 2 Xlr outputs which let's you plug it direct into a mixer or a pa system. The rp355 is also $30 cheaper if you get it new on eBay for $167( which is what I did). I highly recommend the rp355. If you have any other questions just ask.

Huh? The 355 has an a/b switch? wtf?
My 500 doesnt
Yep It does. xD

I'm sorry your more expensive rp500 doesn't have that feature.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 26, 2011,
Okay, but I do not really need a looper(when i need one, i always record something on the pc and let it play in loops).

The fact about the A/B switch really attracts me, and also the XLR outputs...If I finally would play in a band that could be useful, because I wouldn't need an amp....But, if I would work like that, I would let the Digitech in the rehearsal room and still need something at home....tricky.

Is the sound quality of the Digitech really better than Zoom's?

Also, it always looks like the Digitech is made out of plastique, or is it metal?
The sound quality is about the same, but I think the effects on the rp355 are better. The rp355 is made out of die cast metal and it's really sturdy and strong.